Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New THY Call Centre in India

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
My experience with the India call center has been absolutely horrible so far.

I called repeatedly to assign seats on TK flights (C cabin) on a ticket issued by AC (but with the TK flight numbers), and I was within the time frame in which TK allows seat assignments.

The fact that I had neither a TK booking reference nor a TK ticket number completely threw the agents off. They all told me that my flights were operated by AC (IST-BKK, yeah right ) and that I must call AC. Alternatively, I heard that TK does not allow seat reservations at all.

The agents were forced friendly but could not be bothered to validate (even with common sense) the claims they were making. It took about 4 HUCA before I found an able agent to solve my issue.

Yesterday, I got a survey email asking my opinion of their call center. And I responded.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:12 am

experiences have been good so far.

information about booking upgrades on star alliance carriers, redemptions on TK and star alliance carriers, picking seats for a reservation and getting other info about a reservation
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hemköp
Wow, after every damn question the guy had to put me on hold. Was trying to add my frequent flyer number to a booking!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:16 pm

I called today to get seats for CPH/IST/SFO in C. Best Indian call center experience I've ever had. Took about two minutes for the whole transaction and got the seats we wanted. Very professional gentleman at the center. Asked three times if there was anything else that he could do for me.

Very happy with the service. Sure beats waiting on hold for hours.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:58 pm

just got off the phone. was greeted by my name as i'd entered the FFP number through the keypad and he was very thorough and succinct
Old May 29, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Angry Aaargh

So I want to book a trip HEL-TK-IST-TK-BOG-AV-MDE return. TK has a published fare HEL-MDE and it prices out just fine. But I can't find it on the TK webpage and the online agencies don't offer me the stopover options I want.

So I call TK (don't think I got any agents in India this time).

First try
Me: I'd like to book a trip to MDE in Colombia please.
Agent 1: Why don't you try to book online? There are the best rates.
Me: I already tried that and I'd prefer to book over the phone.
Agent 1: Well my system is down so you have to call again (no offer to transfer).

Second try
Agent 2: We don't fly there I can't book it (doesn't even try to enter it in the computer)
Me: I want to fly to BOG with TK and then connect to AV. TK has a published fare HEL-MDE.
Agent 2: You have to book that online I can't sell ticket to Medina (sic)

Third try
Me: I'd like to book a trip to Medellin in Colombia please, airport code is Mike Delta Echo.
Agent 3: Sure, I have a connection to Colombo here.
Me: No, MDE in Colombia please. TK to BOG and AV to MDE.
Agent 3: Sorry, we can only book TK-operating flights over the phone.

Don't know if I should bother trying again...

Last edited by Gnopps; May 29, 2016 at 6:52 am
Old May 29, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: *G SN/LH, TK; EK Skywards G
have had surprisingly good experience with TK call centre lately. I use US No (though based in Europe - a little life hack as it's free in skypeout if you use US toll-free), and you end up in the same callcentre no matter what country dian number you use).
So, I witnessed an efficient treatment of rather complex requests, e.g. re-booking, cancellations, refunds etc etc. Same good experience had with IST airside transfer desk while re-booking due to delay of connecting flight etc last winter (these disastrous snowfall days in IST last winter).
So they may be improving bit by bit?
Old May 29, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles Elite Plus
Originally Posted by sam737
I use US No (though based in Europe - a little life hack as it's free in skypeout if you use US toll-free), and you end up in the same callcentre no matter what country dian number you use).
Brilliant! And you don't even have to select the language.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:23 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus LH Senator (yes, two *A programs. Go figure)
I just got off the phone, was upgrading (paid) my J into Y. I am in Turkey, so called Elite number call center.

As always, first got Turkish speaker who said "no English" and transferred the call to another Turkish speaking representative. Her English was terrible, we both had to repeat each other twice everything - partly because of that typical shouting and high pitch voice - which I assume, many of you are accustomed to hearing at the airport, in-flight announcements and call centers in Turkey.

The call accidentally dropped, I called again and after "no English" I was connected to call center in India. The best experience I ever had with the TK call center!!! Guy was fast, with great English, totally understood everything I am asking from him, explained new ticket conditions, refunds, everything. I was so pleased I actually asked to speak with his supervisor so that I can complement him.

I am sorry for those that had bad experience, but mine was best ever. Either I was lucky, or the things improved.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Its a strange situation when you wish for the Indian call centre, it's usually the other way around.

I don't think the Elite line works, I think it just patches on to the regular hotline. Or at least it did consistently a few months ago.

i don't recall having issues with getting a non English speak agent when I have chosen English in the menu and inserted my FF# though

Last edited by boosh; Jul 29, 2016 at 2:22 am
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
I am in the opposite situation. I live in Turkey and always dial in from my Turkish mobile number. I always get put through to the Indian call center, which for me is a waste of time because invariably I am calling about a domestic ticket, which the Indian center can't handle. I wish it would just put me through to Turkish center since it knows I am calling from a Turkish number

Originally Posted by potjernik

The call accidentally dropped, I called again and after "no English" I was connected to call center in India. The best experience I ever had with the TK call center!!! Guy was fast, with great English, totally understood everything I am asking from him, explained new ticket conditions, refunds, everything. I was so pleased I actually asked to speak with his supervisor so that I can complement him.

I am sorry for those that had bad experience, but mine was best ever. Either I was lucky, or the things improved.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by potjernik
I just got off the phone, was upgrading (paid) my J into Y. I am in Turkey, so called Elite number call center.

As always, first got Turkish speaker who said "no English" and transferred the call to another Turkish speaking representative. Her English was terrible, we both had to repeat each other twice everything - partly because of that typical shouting and high pitch voice - which I assume, many of you are accustomed to hearing at the airport, in-flight announcements and call centers in Turkey.

The Indian call center is much, much better than it used to be. I used to dread the ICC back in 2014, but now I definitely prefer it over the Turkish call center.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
The Indian call center is much, much better than it used to be. I used to dread the ICC back in 2014, but now I definitely prefer it over the Turkish call center.
Not so good when I was calling earlier to use an upgrade award. 2 agents hung up on me (female) because they couldn't upgrade 1 person out of a 5 people PNR, finally a male agent got it done.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by siberslava
I am in the opposite situation. I live in Turkey and always dial in from my Turkish mobile number. I always get put through to the Indian call center, which for me is a waste of time because invariably I am calling about a domestic ticket, which the Indian center can't handle. I wish it would just put me through to Turkish center since it knows I am calling from a Turkish number
Never had that issue calling from Turkish cell
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Gnopps
So I want to book a trip HEL-TK-IST-TK-BOG-AV-MDE return. TK has a published fare HEL-MDE and it prices out just fine. But I can't find it on the TK webpage and the online agencies don't offer me the stopover options I want.

So I call TK (don't think I got any agents in India this time).

First try
Agent 1: Why don't you try to book online? There are the best rates.
Me: I already tried that and I'd prefer to book over the phone.
Agent 1: Well my system is down so you have to call again (no offer to transfer).

Second try
Agent 2: We don't fly there I can't book it (doesn't even try to enter it in the computer)
Me: I want to fly to BOG with TK and then connect to AV. TK has a published fare HEL-MDE.
Agent 2: You have to book that online I can't sell ticket to Medina (sic)

Third try
Me: I'd like to book a trip to Medellin in Colombia please, airport code is Mike Delta Echo.
Agent 3: Sure, I have a connection to Colombo here.
Me: No, MDE in Colombia please. TK to BOG and AV to MDE.
Agent 3: Sorry, we can only book TK-operating flights over the phone.

Don't know if I should bother trying again...
Considering that a TA will probably charge you €45 to 60 service fee for such a ticket, I wouldn't waste my time calling a fourth time or calling TK at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.