Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

When is business class not business class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is business class not business class?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cdmca
boarding without having to go to gate and being treated super nicely by the staff (due to most Turkish C-F pax's "do you know who I am?" attitude).
Though to be fair you kind of need to play the DYKWIA card if you want any chance to use the priority boarding. At least in my case being fairly youngish and not dressed in a suit. The turks tend to be quite judgmental since I always get shouted at when walking to the gate.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LH4116
Though to be fair you kind of need to play the DYKWIA card if you want any chance to use the priority boarding. At least in my case being fairly youngish and not dressed in a suit. The turks tend to be quite judgmental since I always get shouted at when walking to the gate.
that's too bad! especially since you are also TK Elite.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:51 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by skidooman
I found Scandinavian especially atrocious in that regard. Not even a divider between cabins.

Fortunately, I was sitting in Economy. I wouldn't have pay a dime for that business class. Not unless they sell it for the same price as GoAir.
+1.

What's worse is, they don't block midseats in J! On my last SK flight I was happily in exit row with DEF to myself, and saw (because of the missing divider) that only 2 / 6 J rows weren't packed (3+3 pax per row)
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I lucked out when I connected ZRH-IST in J I got the bigger recliner seat. For IST-BRU I just booked Y and was a bit happy when I got on the plane and saw it was just the normal YxY YxY set up.
Why the OP thinks they deserve miles or something for the "hassle" is beyond me other than a hardwired sense of entitlement they may have.

SK is the worst of the lot in that flying PLUS you aren't guaranteed a blocked middle seat. CDG-OSL the entire front half of the plane was for Plus with 2 people in the whole thing so they didn't mind when people moved up once we had leveled off. ARN-LHR I booked Plus and sat cramped in the first 4 rows totally full with bankers and businessmen.

Agree with another poster that there's no reason (while having *G status) to book intra-EU J unless it's connecting to INTL long haul.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:03 pm

Heheh no seat poachers in the mostly open J cabin w/ the real J seats I flew ZRH-IST but maybe that is also because the back 2 rows were all dead heading crew and no one wanted to chance it in the rest of the rows taken up by 3 of us.

Boarding was pretty licey as people started to creep...and creep...and creep. Didn't help that in the gate right next to us SQ A380 was boarding.
But when they opened our flight in ZRH they had J/*G/Elite on one side of the podium and General on the other. IST-BRU was a bus gate so can't say much.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
How can I figure out if my A321 will have the newer recliner seats or old seats in business. IST - AUH in early December
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: TK Elite
Just flew IST-CDG after NRT-IST. It was like a cold shower. We were already tired after the 12 hour flight, this was a sore flight back to reality, 3.5 hours in the atrocious seats of their A320's when the 3 other IST-CDG flights TK operates are with widebodies.

Last edited by AirCanada881; Nov 19, 2014 at 7:47 am
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:32 am

You has the option or booking the wide bodies, right?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Nope, it was an award ticket, this was the only option.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Nope, it was an award ticket, this was the only option

So, there was no award J space on the widebody services.
Well, now you know why...
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by warakorn

So, there was no award J space on the widebody services.
Well, now you know why...
The flight I took from NRT (TK51) gets in IST at 6 PM, this is why the narrow-body option was the only option.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by beofotch
How can I figure out if my A321 will have the newer recliner seats or old seats in business. IST - AUH in early December
Which date is your flight?

The newer A321 have as last row 33 in Y and last row in J is 4. So 4 rows in J in total in a 2-2 config and 5-33 in Y. You can send me a pm
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:19 am
Suspended

I realy do not understand this moaning,TK in C is very often the best C service in Europe,even for very short domestic flights you frequently get real C seats in C,f.instance today IST-ADB at 7 am,real C seat,no other airline gives you that for such a short flight.TK should be given credit when its due,and,I think that Mr Ferhat should reveal his employer,by the way!!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:40 am
Suspended

What is this??,for priority boarding you just walk past the line,-thats it,is this a DYKWIA isue,evry flight,I do,no prob,none whatsover,but I have lived abouth ten years in Turkey,maybe it comes naturally to me!!

However,-there is not realy any organised priority boarding,-just walk past the line,-thats it!!

This is the Turkish way of doing things,like it or not,-iste boyle!!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by geirfugl
What is this??,for priority boarding you just walk past the line,-thats it,is this a DYKWIA isue,evry flight,I do,no prob,none whatsover,but I have lived abouth ten years in Turkey,maybe it comes naturally to me!!

However,-there is not realy any organised priority boarding,-just walk past the line,-thats it!!
Yes that's exactly what I did. Priority boarding is called, and since the gate is usually a mess I had to squeeze my way past the crowds to the gate. One particular gentleman did not approve and started yelling at me not to cut everyone in line, which caught the attention of a gate employee who too began waving his arms at my attempt to commit this heinous crime. Being a youngish guy, both assumed I wasn't traveling in Business Class. It's happened multiple times, and now I simply walk past the queues when they make the priority call and simply ignore the people yelling after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.