Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access at JFK -- need advice for a flight delay.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K/SA *Gold

Hi,
I wasn't sure which forum to post this under, so please redirect me if you feel this is the wrong forum.

I am traveling to Istanbul tomorrow in Premium Economy on Turkish Air Flight TK2 at 6:50 p.m. I've noticed this flight has been delayed between 4-6 hours the last few days (and was notified of this by friends flying this exact route), as it is again today by four hours. There doesn't seem to be anything of interest to eat in that terminal (?), so if there is another significant delay tomorrow:

1. Can I pay to use any of the lounges in Terminal 1?
2. If no to #1, can I pay to use any lounges in another terminal?
3. I am a United Mileage Plus Silver member a measly 140 miles away from Gold status. I am guessing they would stick to the rules and deny me access to the United lounge (Turk Air is a Star Alliance member), but they could still sell me a pass? Can I go to another terminal to do that, however?

Thanks in advance for advice.
Cheers,
Lauren
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:34 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I don't think there is a lounge which you can pay to access in T1. United uses another terminal (T7) and I don't believe you can access a United Club without a boarding pass for a flight departing from that terminal.

I have alerted the moderator that the same question has been posted in Star Alliance and United forums.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 12, 2014 at 5:36 am
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1066 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I think the KE lounge might allow buy-in access. I know they allow PPass. Otherwise not a lot of options in that terminal.

Make sure to claim the comp you are due. TK isn't governed bu EU rules but the Turkrish equivalent is close.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
TK isn't governed bu EU rules but the Turkrish equivalent is close.
Could you elaborate more, please!
I would find it highly unlikely that Erdogan would "piss" into the business of state-owned TK by imposing a passenger rights legislation.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by warakorn
Could you elaborate more, please!
I would find it highly unlikely that Erdogan would "piss" into the business of state-owned TK by imposing a passenger rights legislation.
Here you go: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...ssenger-rights (click the SHY-link)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.