Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Access TK lounge in IST, without physical card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Folks,

I will have my United Gold status by October, then a week after I will fly to Bkk via IST with TK, thus i was wondering with the virtual Gold card in my phone, or probably gold status in my board card, will they allow me in in the lounge ?

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

I've never had problems accessing the TK lounge in IST without a card. Always use my BP (with *G on it - also from UA) at the auto-entry gate and it opens, no problem.

I've had my status for a while, though. If you are only going to make gold the week before, it may be an issue. While the status is likely to have propagated through the various UA systems at that point, enabling you to at least have the e-card, I would give the chances that its propagated through the * system, and out to the various carriers, within a week of earning the status at slim to none.

I can't say whether the e-card you can pull up from the UA app, or even a printout, will help. But I'm not really sure if there's much else you can do if they don't accept it.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
If your status shows up in TK's system when you check in then you'll be fine. If not then depends on the mood of the lounge attendant when you arrive there whether they'll accept your e-card or not.

BTW, Those automated gates have been slowly getting more and more worn out since the lounge opened a few years ago. Back in May when I visited they were on their last leg and when I was there 2 weeks ago the gates were completely broken, they just had someone standing there scanning boarding passes. It's too bad that TK has let things in the lounge deteriorate over time rather than keeping up maintenance. The upper floor badly shows it's age now, the showers upstairs are nearly non-functional, etc. Downstairs is only a year old but if they go the same route it'll be wearing out soon as well.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:44 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You can collect a physical card at the airport.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by LH4116
You can collect a physical card at the airport.
Not a UA Mileage Plus card, as the OP has. @:-)
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Have never shown my UA card. UA*G shows up on the boarding pass and you are good to go. The card in the app looks very convincing.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by gnaget
Have never shown my UA card. UA*G shows up on the boarding pass and you are good to go. The card in the app looks very convincing.
Depends on where you initially check in. Twice now when I've checked in in Egypt *A didn't show up on my boarding pass and the gate wouldn't work without showing my card to the attendant. Online Check in is also not available in Egypt for some strange reason so I can't enter my UA number into the res myself, have to rely on the counter agent to get it right.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:43 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile Guests without Status

Oh Wise FT Flyers,

My wife, daughter and I are flying Y class BAH-IST-FRA this week.

My wife and I are both United 1K (* Gold Flyers). Our Daughter is United * Silver. We are all on seperate itineraries.

Based on your vast TK IST experiences, do you think I or my wife will be able to get my daughter (all of us have the same last name) into the TK Lounge at IST as a guest ?

Your wise insight is appreciated.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by gpicur
Based on your vast TK IST experiences, do you think I or my wife will be able to get my daughter (all of us have the same last name) into the TK Lounge at IST as a guest ?
Absolutely. Any *G is allowed to bring a guest, provided that guest also depart on a *A flight. No problem at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.