Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines pilot’s announcement turns into marriage proposal at 38,000 feet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Airlines pilot’s announcement turns into marriage proposal at 38,000 feet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium

After takeoff, Ali Kuzey, the captain of a Turkish Air flight from Van to Istanbul, took advantage of the plane's PA system to inform the passengers of when they may expect to arrive at their final destination and to propose to his girlfriend.

“You are witnessing a very important moment, dear passengers,” ... “Before the clouds, the birds and the sky, I want to ask Hazel Çağın Gürleyen, who is traveling with you, to spend every second of my life together: Will you marry me?” he said before coming out of the cockpit amid applause.
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tur...&NewsCatID=341

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.