Wiki Posts
Search

Horrible experience with Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Horrible experience with Customer Service

So yesterday I called TKs 24/7 customer service - I waited for an hour and 10 minutes and then I gave up.

Today I managed to get through rather quick, I didn't wait for more than 5-7 minutes which was great! I worked out my issue with the guy(re booking to different dates) and he then put me through to the card process terminal where I completed the payment - so far so good!

When he was about to re issue my ticket he told me that a system error popped up and he couldn't do it so he would put me through to another agent.

I have now been waiting for another agent for 1 hour(he said it would be a few minutes max) and I'm afraid to hang up in case something happens with the ticket ..

Is TKs customer service always this slow and horrific?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:02 am
Original Poster

I just checked my reservation code on the website and I see that the date change has gone through on the reservation code however it's not when I check the ticket number.

Is it safe to assume that it's sorted or should I call them and ask them to send me the new ticket in an email?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: TK M&S
you are pretty funny..

if they are too busy and cant reach them, why do you call it horrible customer service ? so if you want longer waiting time, try to call US airlines and see their waiting time .

may be you should recheck your topic, it is not relevant to what you wrote ..
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hoppala007
you are pretty funny..

if they are too busy and cant reach them, why do you call it horrible customer service ? so if you want longer waiting time, try to call US airlines and see their waiting time .

may be you should recheck your topic, it is not relevant to what you wrote ..
I tried calling at 12 at night and 9 in the morning - this is not during peak hours.

So you don't think that waiting time is a part of the overall customer service? Please go...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: TK M&S
Originally Posted by MrCharming
I tried calling at 12 at night and 9 in the morning - this is not during peak hours.

So you don't think that waiting time is a part of the overall customer service? Please go...

you are still funny ..
on 25th of July, big holiday for Ramadan fest was starting , so everybody was getting ready to move holiday destination, may be millions of people were flying from Turkish airports.

that may be the reason why they were so busy ...

if anyone who waited very long to get the answer of call center of any airlines, comes here and post their complains, this forum will become garbage..

waiting for 30 min is not normal, but before you post something, try to learn the reason of this long waiting time before you post something new ... I am sure you will find reasonable answer for that .
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Sounds like the customer service was pretty good. OP ought to change the title of his post.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:40 pm

I agree with MrCharming. They are the worst airline I have EVER encountered. Long holds, incompetent staff and crappy website. I will NEVER EVER fly them again.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
spent about 45 minutes on hold today. When I asked for a supervisor was told there are no supervisors. I can't think of one good customer service experience I've ever had with TK.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:56 am
Moz

Programs: BA Gold, Delta SM, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by Hoppala007

if anyone who waited very long to get the answer of call center of any airlines, comes here and post their complains, this forum will become garbage..
Whoah there go easy. Its a forum, if you dont like what someone posts then move on, no need to police it yourself, FT has wonderful moderators for that.

Regarding the OP question, and to be fair, I agree with them that TK phone customer service is not that strong compared to many others. I have had multiple problems with them and gave up trying. I have made online bookings and they tend to go well although their system is not as advanced as BA or Emirates for upgrades, changes etc.

Instead I now call or visit my TK desk at my local airport (NCE). They are beyond awesome. I cannot tell you how much they have changed my perspective of the airline. Not sure where you are or how far you are away from your local office but you might want to give that a try.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: TK Elite
I've never waited more than 5 mins to get an agent (I call after 9 PM CET)
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: TK Elite
I've had odd results calling in. I called twice around midnight in Turkey and waited 20 mins each time to get through. I just called now (4PM Turkey time) and got through instantly.

I also have to say male reps are much nicer than their female counterparts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.