Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:56 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Sky Illusion sleeping sets

TK on twitter are touting the new "Sky Illusion sleeping sets"

Can anybody confirm what is actually in those sets?

Last edited by starflyergold; May 7, 2014 at 8:11 am
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
They look like the regular Business Class seats to me.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:55 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by LH4116
They look like the regular Business Class seats to me.
I'm referring to the wrapped up "parcel" which contains the duvet etc.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
I'm referring to the wrapped up "parcel" which contains the duvet etc.
Ah sorry, I misread the word "sets" for seats

Yes it does look a bit different and frankly it's a very cleaver solution as I'm not too fond of having pillows and blankets at the seat when I board. Not only do they take up a lot of space it's quite challenging to find a place to stove them away as you want to use the space for your own stuff.

It's a better solution to have the bedding stored in a closet or a separate bin, only to be taken out when the passenger actually wants to sleep.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 9:57 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Not much different from current duvets/pillows, though...
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
Not much different from current duvets/pillows, though...
The current duvet and pillows are beige/grey, which in my opinion is more stylish than the blue ones shown in the picture.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
Quite a nice idea and the pillows look better quality. Agree about the colours. . . .i guess at least blue is soothing
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:28 am
TPJ

My next TK C-class flight is in 3 weeks - I will report back after the trip...
Old May 7, 2014, 6:35 am
Suspended

this set will be avaliable on 12 May , at IST-BOS flight , and will be also avaliable for all the flights.

but as far as I red, only for business, I am not sure about Comfort Class
Old May 8, 2014, 1:49 am
TPJ

Found this TK Press Release in our Corporate Travel Agency newsletter:

[quote]

May 7, 2014

It promises home comfort on the clouds to the Business Class passengers during the extended range flights.

“Sky Illusion” sleeping collection is the latest innovation developed by Turkish Airlines to enable its passengers to enjoy the best Turkish hospitality within the concept of privileged travel.

"Sky Illusion" sleeping set has been designed in the successful cooperation with Turkish Airlines and Zorlu Textiles Group to offer comfort just as in the home environment to the passengers of Turkish Airlines, and to ensure that the passengers will enjoy a perfect sleeping experience.

“Sky Illusion Sleeping Collection”, produced specially for the Business Class flights of Turkish Airlines under the brand of Taç Wonderfly, comes into prominence with its feature of being an inviter of a perfect and pleasant sleeping, for all extended range flights.

The sleeping set, which has been designed as a supplementary element with the intent of making the unique travel experience offered to the passengers by Turkish Airlines perfect in every sense, offers a special sleeping on the clouds.

Each detail has been meticulously thought out in the collection designed by being inspired from Turkish hospitality, and special fabrics reminding softness of the clouds have been used.

The sleeping set, prepared considering all details with the purpose of offering thorough comfort to the passengers by using qualified fabrics, provides added value to the flight comfort.

The collection is presented in the packages arranged as "Bohça –bundle-", is used as a hospitality indicator in the Turkish society for centuries as well as being an unalterable element of Turkish culture. ‘Bohça’ consists of ‘Sleeping Pad’, designed in sizes fully adaptable to the seat; ‘Quilt’, covering the body with its soft satin fabric; ‘Sleeping Pillow’, making the head and neck comfortable with its size of standard sleeping pillow during the extended range flights; ‘Waist Pillow’, backing the waist completely while sitting on the seat and taking shape based on the waist ergonomics thanks to its visco filling while leaning; and ‘Slipper’, ensuring comfort of feet with its 100% cotton and special quilted fabric. The contents of the set, which are produced by combining the Aloe Vera extracts known for its relaxing effects and the soft fabrics, not only offer a comfortable sleeping but also become prominent thanks to its ergonomic features. Here are some of its features: the sheets available in the collection have been produced with holders in order not to slip from the leather seats, and the quilts have been designed in a manner to maintain body temperature.

"Sky Illusion" is the latest innovation developed by Turkish Airlines in order to ensure customer satisfaction, the primary mission of Turkish Airlines. The sleeping set, that the passengers will deem as indispensable pleasure in all extended range flights in a short span of time, will be presented first in the Boston flight that will be newly launched on May 12th

Source: Turkish Airlines

[unquote]
Old May 8, 2014, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
[QUOTE=TPJ;22829608]Found this TK Press Release in our Corporate Travel Agency newsletter:

May 7, 2014

It promises home comfort on the clouds to the Business Class passengers during the extended range flights.

“Sky Illusion” sleeping collection is the latest innovation developed by Turkish Airlines to enable its passengers to enjoy the best Turkish hospitality within the concept of privileged travel.

"Sky Illusion" sleeping set has been designed in the successful cooperation with Turkish Airlines and Zorlu Textiles Group to offer comfort just as in the home environment to the passengers of Turkish Airlines, and to ensure that the passengers will enjoy a perfect sleeping experience.

“Sky Illusion Sleeping Collection”, produced specially for the Business Class flights of Turkish Airlines under the brand of Taç Wonderfly, comes into prominence with its feature of being an inviter of a perfect and pleasant sleeping, for all extended range flights.

The sleeping set, which has been designed as a supplementary element with the intent of making the unique travel experience offered to the passengers by Turkish Airlines perfect in every sense, offers a special sleeping on the clouds.

Each detail has been meticulously thought out in the collection designed by being inspired from Turkish hospitality, and special fabrics reminding softness of the clouds have been used.

The sleeping set, prepared considering all details with the purpose of offering thorough comfort to the passengers by using qualified fabrics, provides added value to the flight comfort.

The collection is presented in the packages arranged as "Bohça –bundle-", is used as a hospitality indicator in the Turkish society for centuries as well as being an unalterable element of Turkish culture. ‘Bohça’ consists of ‘Sleeping Pad’, designed in sizes fully adaptable to the seat; ‘Quilt’, covering the body with its soft satin fabric; ‘Sleeping Pillow’, making the head and neck comfortable with its size of standard sleeping pillow during the extended range flights; ‘Waist Pillow’, backing the waist completely while sitting on the seat and taking shape based on the waist ergonomics thanks to its visco filling while leaning; and ‘Slipper’, ensuring comfort of feet with its 100% cotton and special quilted fabric. The contents of the set, which are produced by combining the Aloe Vera extracts known for its relaxing effects and the soft fabrics, not only offer a comfortable sleeping but also become prominent thanks to its ergonomic features. Here are some of its features: the sheets available in the collection have been produced with holders in order not to slip from the leather seats, and the quilts have been designed in a manner to maintain body temperature.

"Sky Illusion" is the latest innovation developed by Turkish Airlines in order to ensure customer satisfaction, the primary mission of Turkish Airlines. The sleeping set, that the passengers will deem as indispensable pleasure in all extended range flights in a short span of time, will be presented first in the Boston flight that will be newly launched on May 12th

Source: Turkish Airlines

[unquote]
Wow! With all that verbiage, I'm still unclear as to exactly what it is! But I'm on that BOS flight, so I'll find out soon!
Old May 8, 2014, 8:18 pm

Will report if YYZ-IST on 21st May will have it
Old May 8, 2014, 10:42 pm
TPJ

[QUOTE=zrs70;22833762]
Originally Posted by TPJ
Wow! With all that verbiage, I'm still unclear as to exactly what it is!
Old May 8, 2014, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I also wonder if PJ's will be included.
Old May 10, 2014, 4:24 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by zrs70
I also wonder if PJ's will be included.
From what I understand no PJs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.