Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK lounge @ LGW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
TK lounge @ LGW

Which lounge does TK use here? I hope it's a better arrangement than the one at SAW.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by redtailshark
Which lounge does TK use here? I hope it's a better arrangement than the one at SAW.
The last time I was there they used the Traveler's No 1 lounge I think. A nice view of the planes and quite big but not exactly luxurious. OK to get a cup of coffee and a snack. you can also order from a menu (you pay for this though). Having said that, it's heaps better than the one they use at SAW which when I was there was packed to the rafters with kids, prams, luggage etc. I find TK lounges hit and miss - depends where you are. IST is great as are the ones they use in GYD, TBS and MAN.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
I thiink I am right in adding that you can order one meal (perhaps from a select menu) for free with each visit.

I have never done this and it could have changed, but I read with was the case somewhere. Unless that is just for paying lounge customers?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:03 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by mrblanco
I thiink I am right in adding that you can order one meal (perhaps from a select menu) for free with each visit.

I have never done this and it could have changed, but I read with was the case somewhere. Unless that is just for paying lounge customers?
You are correct, the menu lists a number of "free" items from which you can order one. Some others are for available for a small fee. There is also a buffet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.