Cheapest TK long-haul business?

Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
From Europe to North America, any low fare city pairs found recently? So far the only ones I am aware of are VNO and TLL to Canada for under 1500 Euros
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
It seems that they've recently raised pretty significantly a lot of the traditionally cheap European originating fares to NA? At least to IAH
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Renard
It seems that they've recently raised pretty significantly a lot of the traditionally cheap European originating fares to NA? At least to IAH
ATH and SKG used to be very cheap, now they're at least 2500 Euros to US (even in J), 1700 Euros to Canada.

Going to IAH the cheapest is still from TLL (under 1600 Euros), a bit more from HEL (1637) but still a good deal. Going to US other cheap originating cities are HEL and OSL around 1500 Euros.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Hi. I saw a nice TLL-IST-GRU under 1600 eur for a run, but I was wondering how is feasible to arrive at the 19:50 local time and depart at 4:50 am of the immediate morning after.
Is it possible to remain airside? Can you check-in online and have the BP downloaded in the app? Or you need to go landside and physically check-in again?

Thank you
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Lefly
Hi. I saw a nice TLL-IST-GRU under 1600 eur for a run, but I was wondering how is feasible to arrive at the 19:50 local time and depart at 4:50 am of the immediate morning after.
Is it possible to remain airside? Can you check-in online and have the BP downloaded in the app? Or you need to go landside and physically check-in again?

Thank you
TK should provide hotel accommodation on connections longer than 8hours - provided you are booked on the next available connection flight.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
TK should provide hotel accommodation on connections longer than 8hours - provided you are booked on the next available connection flight.
I read OP's question differently as relating to his position flight to TLL.

If so, http://www.sleepinginairports.net/europe/tallinn-airport.htm will be of assistance.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:54 am

Sorry! My mistake! I was not clear enough!

The questions were about arriving at GRU Sunday evening 19:15 and departing GRU back to IST Monday morning at 4:50 am. Basically a stay of more or less 9h in GRU.

Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
https://www.sleepinginairports.net/c..._guarulhos.htm sounds less accommodating- one of the airport hotels might be your best bet.

Last edited by CoweyB; Jun 20, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by CoweyB
https://www.sleepinginairports.net/c..._guarulhos.htm sounds less accommodating- one of the airport hotels might be your best bet.
Thank you for our help, but what I need to know it's if it's necessary to clear immigration or not, and how easy could be to obtain a BP without going landside to TK check-in. The sleeping part is the least of my concerns
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: TK Elite
If you are doing a mileage run why not go all the way to EZE for the extra miles so you can rest on the plane?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
If you are doing a mileage run why not go all the way to EZE for the extra miles so you can rest on the plane?
Date availability (and prices). I have a very narrow window for this, and GRU looks more convenient at the moment.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cln
Arn - bkk 1300
What dates?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:31 pm

There's a sale now for J out of PEK and PVG to many destinations with limited seats and dates, offer good until October 31st, first segment flown by March 31st, all segments done within 4 months.

See details here

TK: PEK to Africa/Americas in Business ~$1,800

For the first time I'm seeing under $2000 USD between Asia and Canada, those low J fares makes my E+ upgrade vouchers almost worthless as Y fares are like $1500 USD.

Another benefit of TK, you can "reserve and pay later", I just held a couple tickets and I can pay by October 31st. I'd be curious I could still get the sub $2000 J fares if I decide to pay and ticket.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vincewy

Another benefit of TK, you can "reserve and pay later", I just held a couple tickets and I can pay by October 31st. I'd be curious I could still get the sub $2000 J fares if I decide to pay and ticket.
If you read the T&Cs carefully, you'll see that "reserve and pay later" doesn't hold your fare. It just holds your seats and creates a PNR to make things easier if talking to TK.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you read the T&Cs carefully, you'll see that "reserve and pay later" doesn't hold your fare. It just holds your seats and creates a PNR to make things easier if talking to TK.
My understanding is they'll hold the fare bucket for you (not the fares). So they would have regular J fares, rather than J promo, which is non-refundable. I've had award ticket I held for 2 months while the I fare was gone shortly.

With the current promotion, it's J Super Promo, I'd be curious to check toward the last day of the promotion (Oct 31st) and see if they still let me pay the sub $2000 fares.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.