Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
I wish I could status match my current TK *G with the same thing, just to extend it for another spell. I'm a rookie with OneWorld now, so...
I was thinking the same. My card expires this Fall and will miss the UA Lounge Access. If anyone ever got the double match, let us know (or any other way to extend) I am bad, havent posted 1 flight to TK and even have 2 cards that were sent..
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: TK Elite, AC SE
Originally Posted by bodory
It happened a relative of mine was travelling from IST yesterday. I kindly asked her to pick-up my Elite card at the desk near departure gate 216, as suggested by simd. I sent her pdf printout of my TK account as well as written authorization with scan of my passport (also in pdf). She just informed me that was a breeze to get the card.
Glad that my advice could help you!
Old Apr 6, 2014, 10:34 am
Suspended

well I am not following status match programs but I have M&S Elite Plus, so which programs make status match with this one ?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by HasteFlier
Thanks indeed! I was planning to pink up my card at IST this weekend, but was a bit unsure of the process. This and a few other posts clarified it a lot !
A quick report: the card pick-up went really fast and smooth, like others in this thread indicated. I just handed over my M&S statement, and was given the card within a minute.

I asked for the card landside. There is a small booth with M&S signs on it, between the A and B check-in counters, towards the entrance of the terminal - it took me a bit of time to find it as it's small, but asking around helped, as every TK desk seemed to know where it was
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Maybe I'm missing something...what does the physical card get you over the status itself?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by ChiCityFlyer
Maybe I'm missing something...what does the physical card get you over the status itself?
According to the rules, nothing, as status indicated on BP should be sufficient. In practice, some lounges are a bit more rigid requiring *G card for entry.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:45 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by ChiCityFlyer
It gives you the opportunity to scan it and ask for a status match with another alliance
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Platnium, TK Elite Plus
Got status match in Sept 13 and finally got my gold card today!
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by ddrum2000
Got status match in Sept 13 and finally got my gold card today!
Wow - that doesn't strike me as a great turnaround time! I got matched to Elite/*G over 2 months ago and still have not received the physical card. Do I need to credit some Star Alliance flights to my Miles&Smiles account to trigger delivery? I am unlikely to be passing through IST in the foreseeable future so that isn't really an option. Grateful for any feedback and previous experience with card delivery.

Last edited by Work-Shy; Apr 20, 2014 at 10:27 am Reason: Clarification/accuracy
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
Wow - that doesn't strike me as a great turnaround time! I got matched to Elite Plus/*G over 2 months ago and still have not received the physical card. Do I need to credit some Star Alliance flights to my Miles&Smiles account to trigger delivery? I am unlikely to be passing through IST in the foreseeable future so that isn't really an option. Grateful for any feedback and previous experience with card delivery.
Interesting. Have they began matching to Elite Plus now?

They usually send out the card after matching without having credited any flights.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: UA Platnium, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
Wow - that doesn't strike me as a great turnaround time! I got matched to Elite Plus/*G over 2 months ago and still have not received the physical card. Do I need to credit some Star Alliance flights to my Miles&Smiles account to trigger delivery? I am unlikely to be passing through IST in the foreseeable future so that isn't really an option. Grateful for any feedback and previous experience with card delivery.
I credited one TK flight back in October and it still took this long
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Thanks for the replies. Apologies, I was matched to Elite/*G (not Elite Plus (have corrected my original post)) on the strength of my BA Gold/OneWorld Emerald. I saw in another thread that the card is only dispatched after activity on the account (but had previously hoped otherwise). No great drama as I can credit an upcoming SA AirLink flight to TK (I recall it was an option and a previous SA AirLink flight successfully credited to LH).
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: NH*G, TK*G
Finally received the card

My family told me that my elite card has finally arrived at home.
Currently, I am not at home for a few days.
One card and one luggage tag.
It took about 50 days to receive it since I apply for status matching.

Last edited by NH2176; Apr 23, 2014 at 6:11 pm
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: JL-JGP (Oneworld Emerald), CX-Gold, TK-elite/NH-SFC (Staralliance Gold), DL-Gold, Hilton/SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by NH2176
My family told me that my elite card has finally arrived at home.
Current, I am not at home for a few days.
one card and one luggage tag.
It took about 50 days to receive it since I apply for status matching.
I also asked TK status match with showing my elite statuses as oneworld emerald and staraliance gold in last November and eventually I could get TK elite card last December. Then I asked TK to send me my elite status card this March, eventually my elite card has finally arrived at home last week.

It took about 60 days to receive it since I asked TK to send. It is similar to NH2176.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite, Virgin Australia Silver
Just received my Elite card in the post today, approximately 6 weeks after being matched from QF Platinum Didn't email TK or hit the "lost card" button, it just showed up. I haven't flown TK since receiving the card, but did fly other *A - although the status did not show up on my boarding passes (made getting into lounges a hassle), nor did I automatically receive points (even though I input my Miles&Smiles # when booking).

I posted boarding passes and printed itineraries to TK about a week ago (from Japan) asking to be credited with the points, so perhaps this triggered the dispatch of my card, although this is most likely co-incidence since my account is still sitting on 750 points (from the updating my profile trick - I couldn't get the last 250 as I don't have a Turkish ID #).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.