Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by SonP
Sent info on September 25th. Received confirmation of status match on December 8th. Status expires on December 31, 2016.
More or less the same dates here, but finally matched from OWE ^
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Another successful match from UA. Sent info December 1 and received e-mail today (Dec. 11) but online shows Dec. 5 as date of approval. E-mail didn't mention when the card will be mailed (nor does it require an activity).

Valid until 12/2016.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
Submitted a status match to A3*G on Sep 25. Followed up Nov 29. No change on my Turkish account and no response to my emails. Anything else I can do to make something happen?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by veeRob
Submitted a status match to A3*G on Sep 25. Followed up Nov 29. No change on my Turkish account and no response to my emails. Anything else I can do to make something happen?
Probably try to call Turkish? I have the same Problem... No answer (since 32 days)
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I have applied a month ago for a UA Match. Sent in Statement and Copy of Card. Looking forward to a fast reply. Thanks..
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, SQ*G, Hilton Gold
After I have gotten a match to Miles and Smiles Elite, how many miles more do I need to clock to achieve the Elite Plus status - 40K miles or 80K?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:30 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

still waiting for status match

Hi,

Currently my flying companion is still waiting for the status match to go through, but we will be flying next week.
I would just like to know what happens to the status miles earned before the match and after the match? - basically, will the status miles be taken into the calculation of the renewal of status for another 2 years.

Cheers!
Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: JGC - 1 star
I'm considering using TK for a lot of flying in 2015 (mostly to/from Europe-Japan), given that JL's fares are way too high this far ahead of departure, and I need to schedule my flights.

Would it be worth trying a match of my JMB/OW Sapphire status?
I can show that I reached it in little more than 4 months, and am already booked on 2 TK flights for 2015. I'm considering 5 more bookings, more if I need to.

I would like to use the Star and TK lounge facilities on my long trips via IST. Nothing more, nothing less.

Your replies are appreciated.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:23 am

what a miracle... I got matched but no email or so

I sent different requests. For the request of the 11. Dec they asked for a copy of my physical card. (I sent them a screenshot of the app showing my elite level)

Someone earlier mentioned that you should choose when requesting the match: Other subjects... (you have to go back some pages to figure out what it exactly was)

I did exactly this and this request got answered... Worth a try guys!
^^
Old Dec 23, 2014, 3:58 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by PhilHugi
Someone earlier mentioned that you should choose when requesting the match: Other subjects... (you have to go back some pages to figure out what it exactly was)

I did exactly this and this request got answered... Worth a try guys!
^^
Thanks for the advice, could you clarify what you mean? Do I select M&S on the first option, request in the second, and other in the third?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Gnopps
Thanks for the advice, could you clarify what you mean? Do I select M&S on the first option, request in the second, and other in the third?
I did not go through all the posts here, but I could see in my email what i did choose:

Miles & Smiles Programm

Other

Request

Hope it helps
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
Thumbs up Matched today

I have LH SEN till Feb 2016 and asked to match at the end of October before crediting any mile but with already some booking made. Applied through he website form attaching copy of the SEN card and last statement.

Got no answer despite I made also reminder (through online page) and spoke to the call center (actually called for another reason, but since i was there i asked...).

Today i applied again having already credited nearly 25.000 miles and having one TK flight already booked for Feb.
Got matched after 2 hours! that was fast!

i'm glad about that as during the last trip to US on UA last week, handling 2 cards was annoying as they refused to put them both in the system and couldn't be possible to have priority handling or eventual extra luggage (which fortunately i did not need). can say anyway that showing the LH card i got no issue to have priority boarding and lounge access, but it was impossible to get the priority security.
now can go on with my TK card only as soon as i get it.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
I selected:

M&S Program => Request => Membership processing
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: CX, AF, UA
Just received confirmation from Miles & Smiles status matched from Skyteam Elite Plus.

I originally applied over the summer, then sent 2 reminders. Never got any feedback or request for further info.

Yesterday I sent my info and card again. Today I am matched till 31/12/2016.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 2:11 am

Programs: SE (*G)
I got matched today (Christmas day present?) until 31/12/2016.

My first letter was 12 August 2014. I heard nothing then sent a follow up two weeks ago as a last ditch attempt. A lovely surprise as I had pushed it out of my mind and figured it wasn't going to happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.