Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: TK*G, A3*G
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Appears so, I have 3 different queries with 2 different accounts. Not a word.
I put in a status match request from Aegean to Turkish on Sept/23 and just got an email back saying my card has been upgraded to Elite.

Here is a bit more detail and hope it would help someone ...
- I follow the steps from the status match guide in this forum - scanning my Aegean gold card (front and back), screen capping my activity summary and put them all into one PDF.
- Last time I flew with *A was in early June
- I am located in YYZ
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Appears so, I have 3 different queries with 2 different accounts. Not a word.
I've updated the wiki.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by sshyg
I put in a status match request from Aegean to Turkish on Sept/23 and just got an email back saying my card has been upgraded to Elite.

- I follow the steps from the status match guide in this forum - scanning my Aegean gold card (front and back), screen capping my activity summary and put them all into one PDF.
- I am located in YYZ
Congrates!

Hopefully mine will come soon, logged on 28th Sep
Old Nov 14, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
I just got a status match for an enquiry that began in March ... 2013!!

I contacted them back then. They requested additional statements which i sent in April that month and i never heard back from them. I sent a follow up email late last year but nothing happened.

Back at the beginning of this year i sent them a fresh copy of the statements and never heard back.

Overnight i just got an email confirming i had been upgraded to Gold.

Miles and Smiles works in mysterious ways!
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Very Mysterious Smiles indeed, why they seem to match an Aegean gold more frequently than OW Emerald. And I do have intention to fly them, not just have a card for lounge access.

I sent a new inquiry last week. 2 months since original OWE match request and counting... Should I send a new match request with my SK*G, maybe they prefer to match from *A instead of other alliances?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by FFlash
Very Mysterious Smiles indeed, why they seem to match an Aegean gold more frequently than OW Emerald. And I do have intention to fly them, not just have a card for lounge access.

I sent a new inquiry last week. 2 months since original OWE match request and counting... Should I send a new match request with my SK*G, maybe they prefer to match from *A instead of other alliances?
They are just slow in nature, and IMHO, they couldnt be bothered. So, take it easy.....
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:28 am

I got my status match successful recently, however my request was back to May this year.

I sent out the match request in May initially, and heard no reply until July to ask to send the copy of the statement and card image, then no reply until the last week of Oct, and this time I got asked to send the copy of the statement and card image again, and finally it was successful on the last day of Oct.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: A3*G, TK*G
Originally Posted by sshyg

- I am located in YYZ
Got it today following exactly those steps (well, not in a single pdf and I also added pictures of the luggage tags and the welcome letter and my graduation picture... (Last one is a joke, others no)). About 10 days and matched! last flight was in july, so seems there isnt a 3 months rule.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:43 am

I guess I will have to give them a few more months for my July request.

BTW, if I visit the Turkish Airlines desk at IST airport, will they do a status match on the spot? Assuming I give them my file number and required documents I submitted (just in case they misfiled it or have no idea where it is).
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by nowstime
BTW, if I visit the Turkish Airlines desk at IST airport, will they do a status match on the spot? Assuming I give them my file number and required documents I submitted (just in case they misfiled it or have no idea where it is).
I sincerely doubt it..
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, SQ*G, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PGKia
I've just applied for a status match on Oct 26 - will share when I get any news from them.
Status match received 21 Nov 2014, but the email notification only arrived yesterday. Elite status provided until 30 Nov 2016
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by PGKia
I've just applied for a status match on Oct 26 - will share when I get any news from them.
Lucky you, congrats! That went fast. It seems you matched with A3 or SQ.

Still 3 months waiting with my OWE match with no reply, have sent reminder as well but nothing. The reports here indicate that it is easier to match *G than OWE, so is it perhaps easier for me to send a totally new match request with my SK*G? I am jumping the SK ship as their program change was a major "enhancement".
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:22 am

originally applied for status match in Sep. did not hear a reply so, reapplied on Nov 8th. Received email back today saying they will not match because my status is expiring soon. Hopefully they will find my original one from sep like some others had experienced and match my status.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by nowstime
They don't have the power to do so. They just print cards.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:32 pm

I am AC*G and applied through the TK M&S link on Oct 31. I sent a photo of my card and a screen shot PDF doc of my Aeroplan/Altitide statement. It had flight activity in August, September and October.

I received this email from them on Nov 27th.

"To honor your status match request, please re-send your request along with a copy of your original frequent flyer card, the latest statement and your Miles&Smiles membership ID, by using the link below:"

On Nov 28th I re-sent my request with an actual scanned copy of both sides of the card and an updated statement which had flight activity earlier in the week. So this sounds promising! Fingers crossed!

I assume they wanted an actual scanned copy and not a photo of the card?

Last edited by YVR1972; Nov 28, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.