Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TK Destinations for 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Given the ridiculous currency controls in Venezuela I doubt any right thinking airline would start a service to that country.
True, though I think Havana and Caracas are needed stops due to the elevation of Mexico City and Bogota
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:05 pm

Pisa

The Incorporation has decided to start operating scheduled flights, based on aircraft availability to Pisa (PSA) in Italy.

Source:
http://investor.turkishairlines.com/...ic-disclosures
Old Jan 31, 2014, 1:13 pm

Varna starts at 21st May

Source in Turkish:
http://kokpit.aero/thy-bulgaristan-cenk-ocal-emitt
Old Jan 31, 2014, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by ushuaia
The Incorporation has decided to start operating scheduled flights, based on aircraft availability to Pisa (PSA) in Italy.

Source:
I wish they had chosen Florence.

Considering the textile and leather production in Prato it makes me wonder even more.

Bologna will enjoy twice daily service from May, which makes sense.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:53 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Australia delayed

On AusBT

Turkish Airlines has put its plans for a Sydney-Istanbul flight on the back burner.

The airline intended to launch its first Australian service early this year with a stop-over in Asia but a longer term aim of making a direct flight as new extra-long range jets joined its fleet.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Kudos to TK to even planning such route. They certainly do not lack courage.
When it will become a no-stop flight a single connection hop to Australia from many home airports will be a reality. Issue is the long term profitability of the operation.
Would be interesting to guess in what time of the day the IST-SYD might be scheduled.
For little frequency feeder a late afternoon/evening window play a key role.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:53 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Would be interesting to guess in what time of the day the IST-SYD might be scheduled.
SYD has curfew 11pm-6am, so they need to take it into consideration - for such the long flight scheduling departure/arrival too close to curfew is quite risky...
Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by TPJ
SYD has curfew 11pm-6am, so they need to take it into consideration - for such the long flight scheduling departure/arrival too close to curfew is quite risky...
Good point.
This might be a ~16 hours sector (EK DXB-SYD requires 14h outbound). Considering the time difference Turkey/East Australia, summertime, the departure should not exceed approximately the 9PM to be safe with the SYD curfew.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
IST-SYD is 9300 miles, 25% and 1800 miles longer than DXB-SYD, and 35% and 2500 miles longer than IST-LAX. Really don't see the echonomics of that flight...
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:04 pm

Mauritius (MRU) and Madagascar (should be TNR) as of October, 3-4 weekly

http://www.lexpress.mu/article/turki...barque-maurice
Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:13 pm

Upcoming Schedule

04 March Rotterdam, Netherlands
30 March Astrakhan, Russia
12 May Boston, USA
21 May Varna, Bulgaria
23 May Catania, Italy-Sicily
03 June Montréal, Canada-Québec
06 June Stavropol, Russia
18 June Münster/Osnabrück, Germany
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:35 am

Baden-Baden, Bordeaux, Conakry

The Incorporation has decided to start operating scheduled flights, based on aircraft availability and upon obtaining the authorizations, to the cities Conakry (CKY) of Guinea, Bordeaux (BOD) of France, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden (FKB) of Germany.

Source:
Old Mar 1, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by mad_atta
Does anyone have any insight into the likely timing of TK's entry to the Australian market?
The logical thinking should be IST-PER, and beating the horrible prices of EK or QR. Flight around 13 hours, not short but reasonable with 787, A340 or 777 (QR flight DOH-PER 11 hours with 787).
Keep in mind that Turkish is controlled by politicians, and there is few meritocracy between the high level management.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: SK,BA,QF,AA, HH, IGH
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Shame, I'm finally looking at moving back later this year, and will most likely be taking TK at least as far as SIN (can't beat their J fares) was hoping their IST-xxx-SYD flights would be operational by then - guess I'll have to look at other options SIN-SYD - if I have to change airlines I will do an overnight in SIN, as I will have 2 cats traveling LH/QF OSL-FRA-SIN-SYD and they spend 20 odd hours in the quarantine facility in SIN, and hubby & I may just take the same QF flight as them to SYD (anything to make me feel better about their trip).
Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:37 am

Bordeaux flights

Source:
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...te-to-bordeaux

Istanbul– Bordeaux (BOD) – Istanbul flights are planned as 4 flights per week and will be launched as of June 12, 2014.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.