Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Does this connecting flight qualify to TK free transit hotel?

Does this connecting flight qualify to TK free transit hotel?

Old Jun 9, 2013, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Question Does this connecting flight qualify to TK free transit hotel?

I will take the flight from KUL to WAW via IST.

I have two options:

1. TK61 connecting to TK8140 (operated by LOT) with 12 hours transit time.

2. TK61 connecting to TK1765 with 30 hours transit time.

Are these two connecting flight options both qualify for TK free transit hotel service?

Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-tr...rvice-requests

1. Do You Provide Accommodation Services at Transit Locations to Passengers Who Have Connecting Flights?

Passengers have right to have free hotel accomodation only when there is more than 10 hours (7 or more hours for business class passengers) between two international connecting flights due to Turkish Airlines’ schedule structure for maximum 2 nights. Both of the connections must be with Turkish Airlines, reservations must be confirmed and transfer flight’s reservation must have done for the first scheduled flight. Hotels will be Turkish Airlines’ corporate hotels that will be provided though “Hotel Desk” office which was located at the arrival floor after customs. Passengers should have checked visa procedures in advance. In the event that they are not granted visas at the transit, Turkish Airlines assumes no responsibility for providing hotel services. For detailed information, please call +90 212 4440849

1. Not for TK8140 as it is operated by LOT
2. No, because there is a shorter connection available, even though you are not booked on it. TK61 connecting to TK1765 is generally 6,5 hours. Unless you are traveling on days where there are no possible connecting flights to WAW, then the answer would be yes.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

my travel date is 24 July...

To TK expert,

I will use TK61 departing on 24 July but could not find TK1765 on 25 July. I could book TK8184 of 25 July or TK1765 of 26 July.

So, I only can get free transit hotel if I book:
24 July TK61 KUL-IST
26 July TK1765 IST-WAW

Is it correct?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
July 24 - TK61 KUL-IST 23:15-05:35+1
July 25 - TK8140 IST-WAW 17:30-19:00 (Codeshared with LOT)
connection time of 11:55

That would be the shortest connection. However, since TK8140 is operated by LOT, even though it is over 10 hours, you would not qualify for the hotel.

Booking 24 July TK61 KUL-IST and 26 July TK1765 IST-WAW, would still not give you a free hotel, as there is an earlier connecting flight possible. TK8140 (operated by LOT) on July 25.

However, you do qualify for the free tour in Istanbul. http://www.istanbulinhours.com/

All international transit passengers who have flight trough İstanbul can attend touristanbul. Both flights should be with Turkish Airlines' flight numbers (codeshared or operated)

Connection times between flights should not be longer than 24 hours and shorter than 6 hours. As an exception connections between continents have 48hours max between 2 flights.

Passengers may not get both accomodation service and Touristanbul on the same journey.

You must be an international transit passenger of Turkish Airlines.
Your connection should not be longer than 24 hours.

Our scheduled tours are everyday from 09:00 to 18:00, from 09:00 to 15:00 and from 12:00 to 18:00. Thus, your departure and arrival time of your flight should be compatible with our scheduled tours.

b - For 09:00/15:00 Tour
Your Arrival time must be 08:00 or earlier than 08:00
Departure time must be 16:00 or later than 16:00

Last edited by iamaho; Jun 9, 2013 at 1:42 pm Reason: Istanbul Tour
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

this is a little strange from my opinion about free transit hotel service in this case.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Any possibility to get the offical confirmation if my connecting flight qualifying for free transit hotel in advance?

email address?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: DL DM
I have a question regarding the free hotel accommodation policy.

I'm flying TRN-IST-JFK. I land from TRN at 6.15pm and my flight out to JFK is at 1.15 pm the day after. There was an earlier flight a 7.15am but that would have been more than 10 hours anyways, so do I still qualify for a free hotel stay?

Technically it's not the first flight out, but even if it was it would have been more than 10 hr layover. Anyone has any experience?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.