Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Why TK fares found on ITA Matrix are often unbookable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.

Why TK fares are often un-bookable on OTAs?
I've found some fares on ITA that I'd like to book, but despite the fact TK do not allow multi booking on it website (only by phone), when i try to book my tkt on some OTA, the fare disappears due to changed availability?
and this happens almost everytime!
Old Jun 2, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Unbookablility

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
Why TK fares are often un-bookable on OTAs?
I've found some fares on ITA that I'd like to book, but despite the fact TK do not allow multi booking on it website (only by phone), when i try to book my tkt on some OTA, the fare disappears due to changed availability?
and this happens almost everytime!
This happens to me often regardless of the OTA, most often on multistep bookings.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by cagcag
This happens to me often regardless of the OTA, most often on multistep bookings.
any way to manage this?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:17 am

[QUOTE=Paul4Travel;20851115]any way to manage this?

I have tried, even sending the fare calculation and fare basis to several OTA; still no luck. Anyone else with any ideas?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:41 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=cagcag;20851194]
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
any way to manage this?

I have tried, even sending the fare calculation and fare basis to several OTA; still no luck. Anyone else with any ideas?
on my experience, you can try to call TK booking service..i've seen they make the same fares you've found on ITA!

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Jun 2, 2013 at 11:16 am
Old Jun 2, 2013, 7:58 am

I am looking at a fare from PHL to KTM which ITA shows with AA/TK. TK call center states that they cannot book a fare that includes another carrier. Any way around this?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 11:51 am
Original Poster

now this seems to work, but does not show the same ITA fare!

https://online.turkishairlines.com/i...leMultiCity.tk
Old Jun 2, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
ITA has a very poor synchronization with real TK availability, this is the first reason why TK fares on ITA are not always available in real life.
Second problem is that ITA doesn't understand how TK marries segments, which again causes availability issues.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gnopps
ITA has a very poor synchronization with real TK availability, this is the first reason why TK fares on ITA are not always available in real life.
Second problem is that ITA doesn't understand how TK marries segments, which again causes availability issues.
ok. But why Orbitz & C. are able to find the TK fares also available on ITA?
sometimes you're able to book them via orbitz, sometimes not...do not understand why!
Old Jun 2, 2013, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

furthermore, often kayak is able to find these fares on Turkishairlines.com,and sometimes you're able to book them, sometimes not.
IMHO Turkish has an extreme fare fluctuation system; as many others airlines, but i think that the TK one is much more "extreme"!
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:14 am
Original Poster

I paste the information received by email from a very big OTA; i think this can explains why sometimes is not possible to find the same fares found on ITA!

The carrier below, Turkish is one of several airline carriers (LAN, TAM, Brussels, Copa, China Eastern, China Southern, Ethiopian Airways, Emirates, Ethiad, Hainan Airways, Jet Airways, Korean Airlines, Singapor Airlines, South African Airways, TACA, Virgin, etc.) that do not update all third party sites, in "real-time".

Please understand, the airfares we display are provided directly by the airline providers. For the airlines above, that information is "uploaded" on a scheduled intervals. This scheduling by the airline can sometimes result in a lapse between our display and "current real-time" availability. Unfortunately, as the fare/schedule information we display is provided directly by the airline operator, we are not able to "tweak" any data.

Regrettably, until Turkish has updated information for all points, including ITA, the "current" associated fare/schedule may not be available when the electronic systems "check" the airline direct feed.

Please know, we have encouraged our airline providers to improve fare/load frequency. Unfortunately, many international carriers have remained with the usual practice of interval updates. We do apologize for this inconvenience.

I have also forwarded the rate/load issue below to our operational group, in hopes they will be able to request Turkish update their fare and availability information. However, we do not have “authority” to “force” suppliers to take immediate action.

Thank you for bringing this continuing issue to our attention. We will once again escalate an appeal to Turkish for better fare information for our mutual customers.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:15 am

Question Fare available on ITA software, not on Turkish Airline's website

I found a cheap fare on Turkish Airlines on ITA software. But it's not on the Turkish Airlines website, for the exact day and time. Orbitz also shows it available until I click, then it says the fare is no longer available. I keep trying but both ITA and TK/Orbitz websites are giving me the same results. Does that mean ITA software is showing a fare that is not really available? The fare classes are Q and M. Can anyone help me understand this please?

Note that this is a direct flight from LAX to IST.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
ITA often lists fares for classes that the airline may have no seats allocated to. Common with Swiss searches on ITA.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
It happens all the time on ITA. I'm also wondering what's the reason behind.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:47 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
It happens all the time on ITA. I'm also wondering what's the reason behind.
+1

I don't know where ITA is looking for booking classes availability but most of the time it's wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.