Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Why TK fares found on ITA Matrix are often unbookable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why TK fares found on ITA Matrix are often unbookable?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
I saw some good deal for TK fares on ITA Matrix, but somehow they are not on Expedia/Thy.com - is there a chance that I can contact TK ticket office to buy them?

Thanks in advance!
ITA matrix tells you the specifics of the booking process right after you have chosen an intinerary. It involves going through an agent.
Old May 7, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I'd also try Kayak or Orbitz, sometimes with a multi-city search so you can specify the routing.
Old May 8, 2014, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Thanks, I think the problem is different booking class on different tickets. I am booking 2 adults and 3 kids and the booking class is different. Would TK ticket office able to book the ticket? I don't like to call because it's difficult to listen to them.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
As has been stated before, the problem with ITA and TK is that ITA shows out of date inventory. So if an OTA and the TK website can't find it, it probably doesn't exist anymore...

As I'm sure you know, talking to a human at TK means you're more likely to be booked on a completely different ticket to the one you intend!
Old May 8, 2014, 8:42 am

Which GDS is ITA connected to?
Old May 8, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif

As I'm sure you know, talking to a human at TK means you're more likely to be booked on a completely different ticket to the one you intend!
LOL, but so true!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Unable to replicate TK fare found on Matrix ITA

Hi, trying to help a family member get RT direct flights BOS-IST. Found the following on Matrix but can't see to replicate the fare on TK site, Kayak, Hipmunk, Orbitz, Travelocity etc.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/view/d...2-a18b48d56afe

Itinerary

Boston (BOS) to Istanbul (IST) - Wed, Jul 23
Turkish Airlines Inc. Turkish Airlines Inc. 82 Dep: 11:45PM Arr: 4:25PM 9h 40m Airbus A340 Economy (S)
Thu, Jul 24

Istanbul (IST) to Boston (BOS) - Tue, Aug 19
Turkish Airlines Inc. Turkish Airlines Inc. 81 Dep: 1:25PM Arr: 5:00PM 10h 35m Airbus A340 Economy (S)

Fare 1: Carrier TK SKY3PX BOS to IST (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code S
Covers BOS-IST (Economy)
$662.00
Fare 2: Carrier TK SKY3PX IST to BOS (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code S
Covers IST-BOS (Economy)
$662.00
TK YR surcharge (YR) $266.00
US International Departure Tax (US) $17.50
US September 11th Security Fee (AY) $2.50
US Passenger Facility Charge (XF) $4.50
USDA APHIS Fee (XA) $5.00
US Immigration Fee (XY) $7.00
US Customs Fee (YC) $5.50
Turkish Int'l Airport Service Charge (TR) $15.00
US International Arrival Tax (US) $17.50

Subtotal per passenger $1,664.50
Number of passengers x1

TOTAL AIRFARE & TAXES $1,664.50
Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:33 pm

You cant replicate it because there is no availability in that booking class (S). The Matrix is notorious for showing *phantom* availability especially on TK and QR (and some others).

There are plenty of seats in S for BOS-IST just nothing on the way back - the cheapest would be Jul 21 to Sep 5 ($1,539.50/person)

p.s. that link doesn't work - as far i as I know you can't deep link to ITA

Last edited by scibuff; Jun 1, 2014 at 6:40 pm
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by scibuff
You cant replicate it because there is no availability in that booking class (S). The Matrix is notorious for showing *phantom* availability especially on TK and QR (and some others).

There are plenty of seats in S for BOS-IST just nothing on the way back - the cheapest would be Jul 21 to Sep 5 ($1,539.50/person)

p.s. that link doesn't work - as far i as I know you can't deep link to ITA
Ah, ok very helpful, thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:02 pm
Suspended

This is unfortunately a problem with TK fares on ITA,their not updated,so you frequently get rather outdated fares,go to TKs own site for their best fares.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by geirfugl
This is unfortunately a problem with TK fares on ITA,their not updated,so you frequently get rather outdated fares,go to TKs own site for their best fares.
Also on EF - very frustrating... (J) class jumping around from J0 to J3 back to J0 etc. all day long.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jonnye
Also on EF - very frustrating... (J) class jumping around from J0 to J3 back to J0 etc. all day long.
TK uses odd dynamic reservation system. This causes a lot of frustration. Sometimes class seems to be available but is not available during the actual reservation.

My TA has been able to successfully waitlist me for lowest J fares. Waitlisting didn't work with Comfort fares though.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:51 am
Suspended

TK and Itamatrix.

Why do Itamatrix NEWER,and this is true,show the corect prices for TK,I am offcs aware of TKs IT problems,but this is fairly anoying

And,-please.do not tell me that its the same for evry airline,bcs ITS NOT !!!
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
I paste the information received by email from a very big OTA; i think this can explains why sometimes is not possible to find the same fares found on ITA!

The carrier below, Turkish is one of several airline carriers (LAN, TAM, Brussels, Copa, China Eastern, China Southern, Ethiopian Airways, Emirates, Ethiad, Hainan Airways, Jet Airways, Korean Airlines, Singapor Airlines, South African Airways, TACA, Virgin, etc.) that do not update all third party sites, in "real-time".

Please understand, the airfares we display are provided directly by the airline providers. For the airlines above, that information is "uploaded" on a scheduled intervals. This scheduling by the airline can sometimes result in a lapse between our display and "current real-time" availability. Unfortunately, as the fare/schedule information we display is provided directly by the airline operator, we are not able to "tweak" any data.

Regrettably, until Turkish has updated information for all points, including ITA, the "current" associated fare/schedule may not be available when the electronic systems "check" the airline direct feed.

Please know, we have encouraged our airline providers to improve fare/load frequency. Unfortunately, many international carriers have remained with the usual practice of interval updates. We do apologize for this inconvenience.

I have also forwarded the rate/load issue below to our operational group, in hopes they will be able to request Turkish update their fare and availability information. However, we do not have “authority” to “force” suppliers to take immediate action.

Thank you for bringing this continuing issue to our attention. We will once again escalate an appeal to Turkish for better fare information for our mutual customers.
Originally Posted by geirfugl
Why do Itamatrix NEWER,and this is true,show the corect prices for TK,I am offcs aware of TKs IT problems,but this is fairly anoying

And,-please.do not tell me that its the same for evry airline,bcs ITS NOT !!!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:21 pm

Help me please !!!!!

Hi i am new to flyertalk and Matrix ITA i have found a flight using Matrix but i have found the same flight on the airlines website for a higher price what should i do to get it for this price. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME

itnerary details
Itinerary
Birmingham (BHX) to Islamabad (ISB) — Fri, Feb 6

Birmingham (BHX) to Istanbul (IST) — Fri, Feb 6
Turkish Airlines 1968
Dep: 11:15 am
Arr: 5:10 pm
3h 55m
Boeing 737
Economy (W)
Meal
Layover in IST
2h 50m

Istanbul (IST) to Islamabad (ISB) — Fri, Feb 6
Turkish Airlines 710
Dep: 8:00 pm
Arr: 4:35 am
5h 35m
Airbus A330
Economy (W)
Meal
Sat, Feb 7
Islamabad (ISB) to Birmingham (BHX) — Mon, Mar 9

Islamabad (ISB) to Istanbul (IST) — Mon, Mar 9
Turkish Airlines 711
Dep: 6:25 am
Arr: 9:40 am
6h 15m
Airbus A330
Economy (W)
Meal
Layover in IST
3h 35m

Istanbul (IST) to Birmingham (BHX) — Mon, Mar 9
Turkish Airlines 1969
Dep: 1:15 pm
Arr: 3:30 pm
4h 15m
Boeing 737
Economy (W)
Meal
Mileage
8,180 total miles
CO2 Emissions
1,203 kg (estimated by ITA).
Airport Information
Birmingham (BHX)
Islamabad Benazir Bhutto International (ISB)
Istanbul Ataturk (IST)
Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees)
£392.58
Total cost for 1 passenger
£392.58
How to buy this ticket
Tickets cannot be purchased directly from ITA Software.
Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.
Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown.
Fare for 1 adult
Fare 1: Carrier TK WN1PRO BHX to ISB (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code W
Covers BHX-IST (Economy), IST-ISB (Economy)
£44.50
Fare 2: Carrier TK WN1PRO ISB to BHX (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code W
Covers ISB-IST (Economy), IST-BHX (Economy)
£44.50
Turkish Int'l Airport Service Charge (TR)
£7.80
TK YR surcharge (YR)
£165.80
United Kingdom Air Passengers Duty (GB)
£69.00
United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge (UB)
£12.28
Pakistani Federal Excise Duty (RG)
£31.90
Pakistani Embarkation Fee (SP)
£6.40
Pakistani Security Charge (XZ)
£3.90
Pakistani Infrastructure Development Charge (YD)
£6.50
Subtotal per passenger
£392.58
Number of passengers
x1
Subtotal For 1 adult
£392.58
This ticket is non-refundable.
No changes may be made to this ticket after purchase.
Fare Construction (can be useful to travel agents)
BHX TK X/IST TK ISB 69.68WN1PRO TK X/IST TK BHX 69.68WN1PRO NUC 139.36 END ROE 0.638555 XT 69.00GB 12.28UB 7.80TR 31.90RG 6.40SP 3.90XZ 6.50YD 165.80YR
Total Airfare & Taxes
£392.58
Email this itinerary
Print this page
NOTE: Tickets cannot be purchased directly from ITA Software.
Contact your travel agent, the airline, or another booking service to purchase tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.