Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

B777s wetleased from 9W (Jet) (now gone) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B777s wetleased from 9W (Jet) (now gone) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:05 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by BobBHX
I am on TK68 at the end of the week. The seatmap on Expertflyer says it is a 77A but it shows 16 rows of 1-2-1 J class. Is this an error or is there a new configuration?
No - both F and C are in fact 1-2-1, so on the GDS seat map both cabins look the same

PS. I flew to BKK the other day, when we arrived to BKK and were waiting for jetty to be positioned, 2 American ladies from C commented 'so this if First-class, it is awesome'
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Originally Posted by TPJ
No - both F and C are in fact 1-2-1, so on the GDS seat map both cabins look the same

PS. I flew to BKK the other day, when we arrived to BKK and were waiting for jetty to be positioned, 2 American ladies from C commented 'so this if First-class, it is awesome'
It is nice but unfortunately it will be back to a old A343 starting from November.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by merijn
It is nice but unfortunately it will be back to a old A343 starting from November.
Yea, it's not going to be easy to get used to flying in the standard C seats after around 2 years with the 77A F seats.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
I did the IST-BKK on the wetleased Jet Aircraft. TK assigned me 2A. Older gen 1st class suite-nice. On a positive note, had a last minute upgrade across the aisle-middle age woman with small toddler. Having endured some epic lung busting screams that lasted for hours across both oceans, I prepared for a not optimal TK experience. The kid ended up being exceptionally well behaved with only some small whimpering as the cabin pressure changed.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Originally Posted by TPJ
At check-in in BHX I asked for a seat in row 2 and got it without any problem. I have no TK status but I a m*G. I explained to the check-in agent why I wanted to move and she was very interested. The actual layout is Rows 1, 2, 8 - 16. On her screen it shows rows 3 - 7 as blocked. They don't actually exist.

The suite itself was very nice, certainly a lot more room than the herringbone seats in J. It was showing its age, however, with loose panels and generally shabby appearance. Still, a very comfortable way to travel.

As an aside, whilst I find the TK catering to be excellent, the hot dish served at breakfast on the IST/BKK sector was inedible. It was supposed to be scrambled eggs yet it had the look and consistency of sloppy mashed potato and tasted of bad fish.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:17 pm

How about flying AUH-DAC on the 9W wet lease operating as EY 258? The seat map shows 1-2-1 closed suites and all that. Has anyone done this segment?

PS there is almost always OW award travel, usually FS7, available on this flight.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Tiki
I finally had to call as they cancelled the 9:15 flight to TLV and thankfully reaccommodated us on the 12:40 flight. This would have otherwise been a major hassle as we used US miles to book a *A award and TK no longer partners with US.

Anyway, I found out that one seat stuck and the other seat 2J was put back to 10k which is only 2 rows behind. Obviously I would like to get the row 10 moved up but if it doesn't happen no real biggie, it's a night flight and we would be sleeping for most of it anyway. My husband would be a good sport about letting me have the F seat.

Now I am just hoping the 2k seat doesn't get demoted!
We flew this last month but I haven't had time until now to update due to further travel. The 2k seat stuck all the way through and the TG check in guy was able to print the boarding passes all the way from BNE-BKK-IST-TLV. He was also able to re-assign the 10k seat to 2g so we both got to fly in a suite! It was very comfortable, loved the red amenity kit and we slept like logs all the way to IST and really LOVED the TK lounge! Great experience overall!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:46 am
TPJ

My next week's IST-BKK flight is on A330

I guess 9W B777's are gone

Last edited by TPJ; Oct 22, 2014 at 6:45 am
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
My next week's IST-BKK flight A330

I guess 9W B777's are gone
Yes, 9w birds have been withdrawn from service and will be returned to 9W soon.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:46 am
TPJ

Originally Posted by Ferhat777
Yes, 9w birds have been withdrawn from service and will be returned to 9W soon.
Too bad... But we all knew it would happen one day...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.