Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

B777s wetleased from 9W (Jet) (now gone) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B777s wetleased from 9W (Jet) (now gone) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:41 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
SUCCESS!!!

1K on both segments. My T/Agent requested 2K (via GDS) but when confirmation was received itinerary shown 1K.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by TPJ
SUCCESS!!!

1K on both segments. My T/Agent requested 2K (via GDS) but when confirmation was received itinerary shown 1K.
What route? My flight to BKK still has the seats blocked.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:19 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gnopps
What route? My flight to BKK still has the seats blocked.
EZE in early November.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Question How to reserve blocked row 1 & 2?

Did anyone travelling on a flight where rows 1 & 2 were blocked manage to get a seat there?

Do those seats open up during online check-in perhaps? Will asking at check-in/gate work?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Did anyone travelling on a flight where rows 1 & 2 were blocked manage to get a seat there?

Do those seats open up during online check-in perhaps? Will asking at check-in/gate work?
Yes i had,
All my flights shown blocked seats for row 1 / 2.
But during check-in i was able to get a seat in row 2.
So it looks like that they don't like to open those seats on a early stage.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by merijn
Yes i had,
All my flights shown blocked seats for row 1 / 2.
But during check-in i was able to get a seat in row 2.
So it looks like that they don't like to open those seats on a early stage.
Great, thanks for the answer! I asked my TA to request seats 2GK today (it is possible to make a seat request even if the seat is taken/blocked) but it came back as unconfirmed. So it will be exciting at check-in!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Operated by 9W for Turkish Airlines - B77A seat map

Here is a seat map, if not yet posted here.
Leased Jet Airways B777-300ER for TK.
Business and Economy, no Comfort Class.

http://www.jetairways.com/Images/B77...74Y-seater.jpg
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: A Few
I just noticed my February TK69 BKK-IST flight has changed from 343 to 77W. Hopefully seats in Row 1 or 2 will be available for selection when advance seat assignment opens.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
hi!
has anyone some infos about the seats configuration on the aircrafts used by TK but leased by 9W (particularly the 77W)?
are these aircrafts with the same seats configuration (and type) as the others TK aircrafts?
I'm interested on Y and Y+ seats!

thanks
I flown IST-SGN a few week back in the 77W. It was 1+2+1 in C (I didn't get one of the F seats) and 3-4-3 in Y. I can't recall I saw any Y+ seats, but I might be wrong.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:35 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by aulrik
I flown IST-SGN a few week back in the 77W. It was 1+2+1 in C (I didn't get one of the F seats) and 3-4-3 in Y. I can't recall I saw any Y+ seats, but I might be wrong.
No premium economy in 9W. Check the seat map above posted this topic. Are you sure it was 3+4+3 layout? E.g. I saw economy seat map for IST-ICN route and it was identical for seat map I posted here. That is 3+3+3 and first economy row is 26. Also did you see any pax seated in F seats? Those are C passengers too.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
No premium economy in 9W. Check the seat map above posted this topic. Are you sure it was 3+4+3 layout? E.g. I saw economy seat map for IST-ICN route and it was identical for seat map I posted here. That is 3+3+3 and first economy row is 26. Also did you see any pax seated in F seats? Those are C passengers too.
It might have been 3-3-3 in Y, to be honest I didn't really remember. There were for sure people sitting in the F seats.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I am flying Istanbul to Bangkok and Saigon and had been checking for months for the row one or two being open.they never were, yesterday I did online check in and they still weren't available. Today at the airport getting ready to fly this flight I inquired again and yes at the airport row one was open and I got my wife and I and the seats.we are very excited to check it out.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:06 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beofotch
I am flying Istanbul to Bangkok and Saigon and had been checking for months for the row one or two being open.they never were, yesterday I did online check in and they still weren't available. Today at the airport getting ready to fly this flight I inquired again and yes at the airport row one was open and I got my wife and I and the seats.we are very excited to check it out.
These are great news : thanks for sharing ^
Old Sep 14, 2013, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by beofotch
That means there is a much greater chance of getting one of these seats if flying from SGN than BKK on TK69. Great news :-)
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by G_G
These are great news : thanks for sharing ^
The trip in 1G was really awesome! Full report here: http://wp.me/p38BFq-gw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.