Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish e-Visa (from April 2014 no more on-arrival visas)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 24, 2013, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Important Notice

Please be advised that from 10 April you will not be able to get a visa on arrival any more. You will have to apply for an e-Visa in advance or if denied apply for a visa at the nearest embassy or consulate.

Only use this website: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

However the Turkish Authorities also say that they will install automated machines at ports where the e-visa can be obtained. How this will impact on whether you are allowed to board a flight to Turkey is unclear as airlines usually do not allow passengers to board without a valid visa.
Print Wikipost

Turkish e-Visa (from April 2014 no more on-arrival visas)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:39 am

Went through the process on Friday for three - myself, wife and daughter. Two of the three came through within about a minute but still not received e-mail for my wife - she is an American passprot holder (as opposed to my daughter and I who hold British passports) - anyone had a similar experience? Not sure whether to wait or go through the process again (not paid for the third visa yet as the payment doesn't come until after the e-mail)
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:34 pm

Instant delivery and painless! now to get Russia to go this route
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:41 pm

Great initiative by Turkey. The process was seamless. ^
Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:03 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Please be advised that from 10 April 2014 you will not be able to get a visa on arrival any more. You will have to apply for an e-Visa in advance or if denied apply for a visa at the nearest embassy or consulate.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Please be advised that from 10 April 2014 you will not be able to get a visa on arrival any more. You will have to apply for an e-Visa in advance or if denied apply for a visa at the nearest embassy or consulate.
Thanks, that's good to know... reaaaally good to know.

I wonder how many people will be stuck at airport because of this new policy.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
This makes sense. It took all of two minutes to get the visa online. Who wouldn't prefer that over waiting in line to pay for a visa and then waiting in another line for immigration? I wish other countries requiring a visa would go the same way, that was a breeze.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
E-Visa

Originally Posted by Chiro1979
This makes sense. It took all of two minutes to get the visa online. Who wouldn't prefer that over waiting in line to pay for a visa and then waiting in another line for immigration? I wish other countries requiring a visa would go the same way, that was a breeze.
In fact, an increasing number of countries are using the e-visa system (Bahrain, for example among many others).

Now, in the situation of a traveler who is connecting in IST who didn't anticipate leaving the transit area, experiences an IRROP, flight delay or cancellation which forces an unanticipated lengthy stay at the Airport. maybe having THY offer hotel accommodations; how does such traveler enter TR without the e-visa after April 2014? This situation happens unfortunately too often.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by cagcag

Now, in the situation of a traveler who is connecting in IST who didn't anticipate leaving the transit area, experiences an IRROP, flight delay or cancellation which forces an unanticipated lengthy stay at the Airport. maybe having THY offer hotel accommodations; how does such traveler enter TR without the e-visa after April 2014? This situation happens unfortunately too often.
Sometimes, it's better to just pay for the e-visa for the peace of mind. That was what I did when I transited IST.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:25 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by cagcag
In fact, an increasing number of countries are using the e-visa system (Bahrain, for example among many others).

In case of IRROPs those without a visa will encounter the same problem as those changing at FRA, ZRK or LHR (and many other hubs around the world): stuck in the transit zone. It's not pleasant but at least IST has an airside hotel which is quite rare.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I assume that these e-visas are valid for multiple entries within the validity period?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I assume that these e-visas are valid for multiple entries within the validity period?
Yes, multiple entries for a total of 90 days within a 180 day window.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum; AA 2+MM; National Exec Elite
When does validity period begin?

I'm travelling to Turkey at the end of June. Do I have to wait until closer to June to apply for an eVisa, or can I do it now? I don't want to apply now, only to have it expire before I reach, so curious if it is tied to arrival date?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:09 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by pilotchrisg
I'm travelling to Turkey at the end of June. Do I have to wait until closer to June to apply for an eVisa, or can I do it now? I don't want to apply now, only to have it expire before I reach, so curious if it is tied to arrival date?
You can specify your date of entry.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:23 am

So that's the end of IST as a connection airport then...
Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:33 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Koby
So that's the end of IST as a connection airport then...
Why? There a shedloads of hub airports where visas are required. Nothing changes with regard to eligibility for visas. All you have to do is plan ahead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.