Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Unfortunately tier points are either earned thru flights or purchased tier points. the $280 seems more than worth it to me if you're unable to travel at this time around.
I was under the impression you could only buy status miles to retain status and not to advance a level? I could very well be wrong.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by boosh
I was under the impression you could only buy status miles to retain status and not to advance a level? I could very well be wrong.
Here it says that you can purchase status miles to move up as well.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
...within the second year of the membership.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Does TK ever release last min award space? Looking at a currently empty flight over Xmas...
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: CX DM (OWE), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by pencereamelesi
...within the second year of the membership.
Dam, so no way I can do it? 3.5k short.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beach86
Dam, so no way I can do it? 3.5k short.
I think your best option seeing you are based in HKG is 2 cheap return HKG-SIN on UA, earning 75% miles.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Does TK ever release last min award space? Looking at a currently empty flight over Xmas...
I'm guessing thats a silent, no...
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:40 am

I just booked an award on TK metal using United miles. What is the best way to obtain TK PNR? I contacted United and they told me that TK PNR is not available to them.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by godsquare
I just booked an award on TK metal using United miles. What is the best way to obtain TK PNR? I contacted United and they told me that TK PNR is not available to them.
CheckMyTrip.com could work. Try contacting TK, but be ware that their call center is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
CheckMyTrip.com could work. Try contacting TK, but be ware that their call center is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.
Checkmytrip did not work with my United PNR, unfortunately.

I already tried to tweet their twitter support but they told me because the ticket was issued by United, I have to call in (which does not make any senses).
Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
If someone is on a business class leg into IST then onwards in economy and hold no status. Does one have access to the CIP lounge by showing the previous business boarding pass?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by DreamTrip
If someone is on a business class leg into IST then onwards in economy and hold no status. Does one have access to the CIP lounge by showing the previous business boarding pass?
If your onwards leg is on TK then yes, showing the boarding pass stub to the dragon will let you in. If not then try to scan you incoming boarding pass with with a barcode (works best with mobile as it has a barcode) and that should let you in
Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Got a question about award tickets.

I am looking at flying from DEN -> FCO summer 2017. TK don't fly to DEN but they do fly to many other US cities such as ORD.

Am I right in thinking that I could book a limited capacity business ticket on the following route for 45k TK miles (one way)... availability permitting of course...
DEN -> ORD -> IST -> FCO

Basically, can I tag a domestic UA flight on the head or tail end of a trip at no extra mileage cost? Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Lewis42

Basically, can I tag a domestic UA flight on the head or tail end of a trip at no extra mileage cost? Thanks
No.

DEN-ORD is routinely $50 each way ($35 if you're willing to fly F9), so I'd recommend just booking the award ex-ORD and handle the domestic yourself.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
hmm i wish i have ever seen it that cheap...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.