The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:05 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by winsteven13
Sorry, in a hurry here, but I have a flight from SFO-IST on 7/11, when is the earliest I select a seat (and what is the best business seat)? TIA
These might be useful:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...er-thread.html

and

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...er-thread.html
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:41 am

I have E+ until June 30, 2016

I will probably reach 40k miles (in my 1st year of E+) in April, 2015

Will this extend E+ until June 30, 2018 or April 30, 2017?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: *G
M&S website seemingly does not list how many miles is required for an upgrade on TK operated flights???

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...awards/upgrade

and super newbie question - how would you know your chances of getting upgraded ? i wouldnt buy a Y fare if im not guaranteed J seat with mileage expenditure
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by deniah
M&S website seemingly does not list how many miles is required for an upgrade on TK operated flights???
An upgrade award "costs" exactly the same as a business class award.

Shuly
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by shuly
An upgrade award "costs" exactly the same as a business class award.

Shuly
Essentially the cash expenditure is only for the earned miles?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:52 pm

The miles needed fir an update award and for a business class award are identical.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
So, I have a question: how much time does it take for partner flights to be credited.

Had 4 TK long-haul J flights, all credited within 3 days (thank Heavens!! )!
Had 2 AI J domestic flights, out of which only one got credited.

The number was in the reservation and it showed on my BP, alongwith the awesome TK*G. Does the airlines do a batch processing of the miles? How long should I wait before claiming missing miles, considering the first AI flight got credited in 2 days!!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
I'm trying to book a flight to IST from SFO on July 2nd with awards but don't see availability on United. Should I book with my United miles or can I expect seats released from TK soon?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:21 am
Tox

TK or Aer Lingus from ORD to CDG

I will be visiting my daughter during her Parisian study abroad in May. I am not familiar with TK and am wondering how it compares to Aer Lingus. I can save about $300 on a TK flight between O'Hare and Paris, but Seatguru seems to show very cramped quarters on TK. Any advice, flyers?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:26 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Tox
I will be visiting my daughter during her Parisian study abroad in May. I am not familiar with TK and am wondering how it compares to Aer Lingus. I can save about $300 on a TK flight between O'Hare and Paris, but Seatguru seems to show very cramped quarters on TK. Any advice, flyers?
Welcome to FT Tox

In economy I don't think there is much difference between TK and EI. I'd go for EI as it is much more direct plus on the return you do US border and custom clearance at DUB.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:46 pm

After March 1, credit United flights to Turkish?

I read that Turkish will credit United Miles at 100% (I assume meaning you don't lose any miles for crediting them to Turkish vs. United) of your miles through crediting with Turkish.

1. Is that 100% accurate? I saw a comment about it not being accurate.

2. If you're not working towards status so much (Amex Platinum card gives lounge access, first and business class tickets give other priority benefits), does it still make sense to credit all Star Alliance and/or all United flights to Turkish?

I'm mostly asking for my parents, who fly to the middle east 2-4 times a year, and prefer to fly Turkish. They don't fly United that regularly in the states, so it would seem crediting flights to Turkish makes the most sense. They fly business or first class so it's about 8,000 miles from DC to Amman, Jordan on Turkish. The last flight my mom did was 8,000 to United, which, for her, is relatively useless!

Thanks!

Last edited by nonstopski; Feb 28, 2015 at 12:55 pm
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile No Big Changes either way

Nonstopski,

As of March 1, when you fly a Star Alliance Carrier on 016 (United) Ticket stock you earn miles based on dollars spent and MP Status (i.e. Gold, 1K, etc). If you fly on TK stock (235) you get the actual miles flown with some very few exceptions based on fare class. If your parents fly 2-4 times per year from USA-Amman, assuming they stick with Star alliance and log all the miles in one program, they are already at least Gold. So, for RDM earnings, there will be little change in the amounts earned after March 1. If your parents prefer Flying TK, why don't you have them ask TK for a status match based on their UA MP status. As Star Alliance goes, TK is the best for flights USA to the Levant region as UA only flies to Kuwait/Bahrain/Dubai and the connections to AMM, CAI and such are not so great. With UA you're left with connecting in FRA to LH or maybe VIE via OS or ZRH via LX.

Originally Posted by nonstopski
I read that Turkish will credit United Miles at 100% (I assume meaning you don't lose any miles for crediting them to Turkish vs. United) of your miles through crediting with Turkish.

1. Is that 100% accurate? I saw a comment about it not being accurate.

2. If you're not working towards status so much (Amex Platinum card gives lounge access, first and business class tickets give other priority benefits), does it still make sense to credit all Star Alliance and/or all United flights to Turkish?

I'm mostly asking for my parents, who fly to the middle east 2-4 times a year, and prefer to fly Turkish. They don't fly United that regularly in the states, so it would seem crediting flights to Turkish makes the most sense. They fly business or first class so it's about 8,000 miles from DC to Amman, Jordan on Turkish. The last flight my mom did was 8,000 to United, which, for her, is relatively useless!

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Anyone? Basically I just want to know if you can complete the purchase of an award ticket on TK metal on TK.com

Originally Posted by italdesign
I'm sure someone knows this. I know that if you try to book a *A award, which must be done over the phone, the agent may not be able to take your CC and you have to go to the local office to pay for it. However, my question is if you book a TK award, all on TK metal, on TK.com, does it let you pay by CC? USA-issued CC at that.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Anyone? Basically I just want to know if you can complete the purchase of an award ticket on TK metal on TK.com
Yes you can (assume you're using TK Miles and Smiles points).
Old Mar 7, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Log on to this page with your M&S number and pin

https://online.turkishairlines.com/i...oking/login.tk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.