Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
If your schedule permits it, go to AMS and buy the cheapest star alliance ticket you can find.
So there aren't some e-stores, sign ups etc?

if so then it's time to enjoy those regional jets.
AMS-CPH-OSL return, 130€, booked in to V for tomorrow. Not too bad price for last minute 2000 miles.

Time to ask Mrs. what she thinks about having a lunch tomorrow in norway...

Last edited by Karl Gustav Annus; Mar 24, 2017 at 3:49 am
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
So there aren't some e-stores, sign ups etc?

if so then it's time to enjoy those regional jets.
AMS-CPH-OSL return, 130€, booked in to V for tomorrow. Not too bad price for last minute 2000 miles.

Time to ask Mrs. what she thinks about having a lunch tomorrow in norway...
You need to get on a plane to receive status miles. Bonus miles come from the shopping portals and what not.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
After some miscalculations (stupid LH P biz class giving 0 miles) I am now 37 status miles short from G . What would be the cheapest, fast options to get those last miles? My next flight will be TATL in Y and I wold otherwise need to buy extra baggage allowance (110€) and the lounge access wouldn't hurt either during the 4h+3h layover.
As I've been on TK for only a couple of months, buying the miles is not an option. I'm based in RTM if that should matter.
Forgive me if I'm not understanding you correctly, but from I can gather you are a Classic Plus member just 37 miles short of Elite? Wouldn't the best option be for you to simply purchase 1000 status miles online for USD 70?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Already in oslo

You did understand it correctly. But as I understand, that there is a rule that one can not buy status miles during the first year of membership. The MS site gave me an error and wouldn't allow me to put CC details in.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
the new website is useless for even more things than just that
Ha.
Looks like it is back up now, just requires E-Ticket number in addition to all the other booking information.
Seat selection is still a UI/UX disaster though.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:08 pm

Has anyone received notice from TK (or in my case, Aeroplan, as I redeemed TK through them) where it says "Your itinerary has been affected by a schedule change, please review the new flight details" etc etc contact 18003615373 if any questions?

The odd thing is that the "Previous Flight Itinerary" is exactly the same as "Updated Flight Itinerary" with all departure/arrival times, flight #s , type of aircraft, cabin, status (Confirmed) all identical?

It's the weekend so I couldn't get through to anyone but this seems odd to me unless I'm missing something...

EDIT: called in, looks like they made a mistake on their own email. the arrival time was slightly delayed by 30 some minutes.

Last edited by jcm55a; Apr 11, 2017 at 12:05 pm
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:34 pm

Is the IAD-IST flight in business class a 2 meal full lunch and dinner service? It leaves in the mid afternoon and arrives evening? I was wondering because sometimes airlines still have a knack for serving breakfast at non traditional hours sometimes.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am flying Business class K fare back to ORD via IST with a connection time of almost 13 hours in IST. What are my options for such a long transit?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I am flying Business class K fare back to ORD via IST with a connection time of almost 13 hours in IST. What are my options for such a long transit?
Option 1: Free hotel provided by Turkish Airlines including hotel transfer to/from airport
Option 2: Free tour of Istanbul including meals
Option 3: A 13 hour binge at their awesome CIP lounge
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Option 1: Free hotel provided by Turkish Airlines including hotel transfer to/from airport
Option 2: Free tour of Istanbul including meals
Option 3: A 13 hour binge at their awesome CIP lounge
Thanks for the quick reply. For option 1 do I request it prior to arrival in IST or on arrival in IST?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:27 am

Thanks for the quick reply. For option 1 do I request it prior to arrival in IST or on arrival in IST?
This link has all the info you need:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turk...cting-ist.html
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
a quick summary, I did it the other week.

1. Make sure you have an E-visa or whatever visa you need
2. Exit the secure side of the airport to arrivals.
3. turn right, near the end on the right hand side is the Turkish airlines desk. It is directly opposite the Turkish Airlines arrivals lounge.

For me, they put me in the Renaissance and it came with free breakfast. It was good and I will definitely do it again in the future.

There was no waiting around for me.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42
a quick summary, I did it the other week.

1. Make sure you have an E-visa or whatever visa you need
2. Exit the secure side of the airport to arrivals.
3. turn right, near the end on the right hand side is the Turkish airlines desk. It is directly opposite the Turkish Airlines arrivals lounge.

For me, they put me in the Renaissance and it came with free breakfast. It was good and I will definitely do it again in the future.

There was no waiting around for me.
this is a pretty fancy Hotel did you request it or auto assigned?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
this is a pretty fancy Hotel did you request it or auto assigned?
auto assigned....but I was in J and I am TK Elite Plus...maybe that's why?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42
auto assigned....but I was in J and I am TK Elite Plus...maybe that's why?
I am a Lufthansa HON. Would that help in getting a fancy hotel assignment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.