Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 1:54 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Hey y'all.

So when you get to Elite Plus you can gift somebody Elite status for 40k points.

Would this be 40k every year or does it renew for aslong as you keep Elite + or?
Old May 24, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by ILflyer
Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie here and I would be thankful if someone could let me know of any tools / tricks / programs I should register.
I am located in Israel and flying (work related) , mostly to US (business) & Europe (economy)
This is what I know:
1. Hotels - my budget is roughly 150$/night. which reward program will work best for me (best = achieve free nights as fast as I can).
2. cashbacks - just heard about them, never used them
3. international / Israel credit cards - anyone can recommend relevant programs?
4. any other tips/programs I should be using?

btw, I'm StarAlliance (millagePlus 1K) member.

thank you!
You mean for TK specifically? Then you are probably best off consulting their website for their current hotel partners and CC deals. Although it will be near impossible to get the CC if you are not a Turkish citizen.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Lewis42
Hey y'all.

So when you get to Elite Plus you can gift somebody Elite status for 40k points.

Would this be 40k every year or does it renew for aslong as you keep Elite + or?
Once you've gifted it, they can renew themselves by flying 25k miles in the year (or 37.5k in 2). If they lose the status, you can upgrade them again for another 40k.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:04 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I'm afraid you're posting in the wrong forum. This has nothing to do with TK. I would suggest trying the ElAl forum for all Israel-related issues (3-4) and probably the Star Alliance forum for the rest.

Shuly

Originally Posted by ILflyer
Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie here and I would be thankful if someone could let me know of any tools / tricks / programs I should register.
I am located in Israel and flying (work related) , mostly to US (business) & Europe (economy)
This is what I know:
1. Hotels - my budget is roughly 150$/night. which reward program will work best for me (best = achieve free nights as fast as I can).
2. cashbacks - just heard about them, never used them
3. international / Israel credit cards - anyone can recommend relevant programs?
4. any other tips/programs I should be using?

btw, I'm StarAlliance (millagePlus 1K) member.

thank you!
Old May 27, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: MillagePlus, AAdvantage, El Al Matmid, IHG
thanks for the reply.
Sorry for that
Old May 31, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Does TK /Miles and Smiles give a minimum mileage bonus, regardless of fare class?

(Example - An AA EXP earns ainimum 500 miles on BA shorthand, regardless of fare class).
Old May 31, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
deleted
Old May 31, 2016, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by skye1
Does TK /Miles and Smiles give a minimum mileage bonus, regardless of fare class?

(Example - An AA EXP earns ainimum 500 miles on BA shorthand, regardless of fare class).
They do on their own flights at least. Details here:

http://www.new-milesandsmiles.com/index_en.html
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:40 am

Best economy seats from US?

Hi, I want to book an economy award for 2 for next year, r/t from US to IST, late March/early April then back in May. I'm tall so seat pitch is important. Have AA, M+, MR, and UR available.

My thought is to use M+ for the trip, with the TATL on TK n/s from the US. I think the only choices on TK are the a333 from BOS/IAD, or the 773 from everywhere else (I do like the 2-4-2 better than the 3-3-3). If that's true, which has the better pitch, and any advice on actual row/seats?

Does it matter much which US city i fly to/from?

Am I using the best carrier for econ pitch in *A?, and is *A the right program for my needs?

Thanks a bunch, in advance, for the expert help!!
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:11 pm

In Business Class, does Turkish Airlines have "dine on demand" (like Qatar and Etihad), or is it more the standard meal service where you do not have much choice about when during the flight you want to eat?
(I would be flying from New York to IST and then to Delhi.)
Thanks.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by raghu
In Business Class, does Turkish Airlines have "dine on demand" (like Qatar and Etihad), or is it more the standard meal service where you do not have much choice about when during the flight you want to eat?
(I would be flying from New York to IST and then to Delhi.)
Thanks.
Afraid not. If they did it would be amazing. On my last three LH flights I have prioritised sleep over the OTT dinner service and my food options when I was ready to eat was a rather dull sandwich.

I would think the service on the JFK-IST leg would be better than IST-DEL as it is a 'proper' LH.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:07 am

Does anybody know what time does check-in for TK53 open? Is it 2h on the clock before departure?

God knows why I can't check in online and I planned to head to the airport quite earlier than that and relax in the lounges - being able to cross airside at NRT would throw off my plans...

(I'm assuming ANA nor any other airline can issues BPs for my flights? I wouldn't be checking any luggage, but I doubt that is a factor.)
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by klausa
Does anybody know what time does check-in for TK53 open? Is it 2h on the clock before departure?

God knows why I can't check in online and I planned to head to the airport quite earlier than that and relax in the lounges - being able to cross airside at NRT would throw off my plans...

(I'm assuming ANA nor any other airline can issues BPs for my flights? I wouldn't be checking any luggage, but I doubt that is a factor.)
A few months the checkin agent in AYT was able to checking me in and issue a BP for my IST-CAI flight 4 hours later and on a different ticket. I don't know if that is of any help to you
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by klausa

Answering my own question: I was able to print BPs at self-serve kiosks at the airport, even though the TK website says that this is not possible.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:36 pm

Hi to all flytalk members, I have just signed up to this very useful forum.
I am about to sign up for a new M&M account, I was flying economy TLV-CO and TLV-ORD in the past few months.
What is the best way to get a sign up bonus if at all?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.