Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by flyalways
Hi There,

I took my first flight as TK Elite (matched with UA Gold). I had a W class
economy ticket from BOS-IST-DXB. I received 25% of the flown miles as status
miles. Should I receive 25% elite bonus as well ? I see 0 bonus miles for this trip. I was not able to find the option to request the bonus miles on TK website.

Thanks for your response in advance..

F.A.
No that is correct. The bonus miles column always shows zero for flights earning status miles. They are still added to your total. Non status related earnings only show up in the bonus column (hotels etc.)
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by flyalways
Hi There,

I took my first flight as TK Elite (matched with UA Gold). I had a W class
economy ticket from BOS-IST-DXB. I received 25% of the flown miles as status
miles. Should I receive 25% elite bonus as well ? I see 0 bonus miles for this trip. I was not able to find the option to request the bonus miles on TK website.

Thanks for your response in advance..

F.A.
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...k-hava-yollari

Only on comfort and biz flights and all cards only get 25% extra (very weak imo)
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by moeser
You will earn miles for Economy or CC respective your Booking Class Fare.
So you get miles for original booking class fare?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Thanks...

Originally Posted by cheesedawg
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...k-hava-yollari

Only on comfort and biz flights and all cards only get 25% extra (very weak imo)
Thanks...That explains it. I must have missed that note :-(

F.A.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: m&m
Hi.. I will be flying from the US on LH in F, transferring in Europe to IST in C, then continuing from IST on TK in Y;
1) Will I be able to get a BP for TK in the US?
2) Will I be able to send my luggage all the way thru to final destination?
3) If I take a 3rd piece of luggage as entitled in F, will I be charged extra by TK?(I have *G)
4) Will I need to pass thru immigration while transiting in IST?
Any help is appreciated..TIA
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by ceekayone
Hi.. I will be flying from the US on LH in F, transferring in Europe to IST in C, then continuing from IST on TK in Y;
1) Will I be able to get a BP for TK in the US?
2) Will I be able to send my luggage all the way thru to final destination?
3) If I take a 3rd piece of luggage as entitled in F, will I be charged extra by TK?(I have *G)
4) Will I need to pass thru immigration while transiting in IST?
Any help is appreciated..TIA
1) You might. Depending on whether all of this is on one ticket etc.
2) You should. As all airlines are in star-alliance, luggage should be checked through (unless your final destination is in Turkey).
3) Once again this depends on ticketing. If the Y-segment is a separate ticket then TK would be entitled to charge you extra. Fortunately nobody should notice if the luggage is checked through so you might get away with it.
4) No (unless your final destination is in Turkey).
Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: m&m
Thank You for your prompt response.
1) US to IST is an award ticket. IST onward is paid. I understand from a different thread that they can not be combined. True?
2) I was told by LH rep that it depends on the agent at the airport if they are willing. True?
3)Got it. So really depends if I can get it all the way to final destination.
4) Final destination is not Turkey
Thanks again for your help...
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by cheesedawg
So you get miles for original booking class fare?
Correct.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by ceekayone
Thank You for your prompt response.
1) US to IST is an award ticket. IST onward is paid. I understand from a different thread that they can not be combined. True?
2) I was told by LH rep that it depends on the agent at the airport if they are willing. True?
3)Got it. So really depends if I can get it all the way to final destination.
4) Final destination is not Turkey
Thanks again for your help...
So your main problem is regarding check-in to the final leg. In case you don't get a boarding pass from US, you might want to ask the TK gate agent at your first layover airport. Otherwise, go to flight connections in IST - they'll also need the bag tags you got when you checked in (and that's when they might ask you to pay for the extra baggage).
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:46 pm

Are they really asking people to turn on mobiles at security checks for flights to Canada as well? I thought this stupid rule was just for USA flights only.
we didn't encounter that in FRA recently for flight to yyz.

If someone can shed light on this. We have family traveling so would like to advise them in advance about this so they're prepared if necessary
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:05 pm

What is up with TK and their Miles&Smiles program? I joined because I booked two first class tickets from Istanbul to Spain using miles and wanted to find out what the fees are for luggage, if they have drinks and snacks during the flight, lounge rules, etc... I was not able to find any info on line. So I called several offices in N.Y and C.A. and could not find anyone who spoke English. The months ago I started getting emails every day to enter the Miles&Smiles Give away. I tried to enter but each time I did I had to enter a code number that they would never text to me. I emailed Miles&Smiles many times and never got a reply. I continued to get the emails to enter but could not. I emailed N.Y. and did not get any reply. At the end of January with only a few weeks left to enter, still getting the offers to enter, I emailed every email address to TK that I could find. NOTHING. Then yesterday I get this:

Dear real name removed,
We have received your email message dated ** of **** 2015.

Firstly we apologize for giving late response to your email message. 25 Million Miles Campaign ended on the date 15th of February 2015.
Winners will be announced on the 11th of March 2015 and you can follow the outcome on our web site via the link www.25millionmiles.com

Kind Regards,
Turkish Airlines Inc.

I removed my name and date because I do not want my tickets to disappear some how. I get the feeling that TK employees really dislike Americans or do they treat every body like this?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
This has nothing with your citizenship.

You have been a FT member for a while, why not just ask?

Let me assist: TK does not offer first class so I assume you mean business class. If so you will have free access to the TK lounge at IST and a contract lounge at the Spanish airport. You will get a full hot meal on your flight with plenty of free drinks (I know, shocking to US customers). There are no baggage fees and your limit will be 30kg (66 pounds).

The 25m miles give away just exposed their ropey promotion IT. I also could not get the sms so don't take it personal.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
Hi all, quick question:

I intend on flying from Far East to Istanbul (stopover, 1 month) and then Istanbul to North America. I have purchased tickets in Q class through a travel agent. (One-way, all flights on 1 ticket)

Can anyone advise as to how many miles are required to upgrade this itinerary from Economy to Business? I've received conflicting reports including (45k+45k or 22.5k+22.5k or 67.5k or 33.25k)

Thanks all.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
Apologies because this question must be answered somewhere, but I've looked and can't find it.

Does M&S requalification add another year or two to my existing membership period, or does it start a new two year period as of when I requalify?

Specifically, I am M&S E as of 1 Feb 15, through 31 Jan 17. If I reach 25,000 additional status miles in, say, October 2015, does that requalify my E through October 2017, or through 31 Jan 18?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by bilofsky
Apologies because this question must be answered somewhere, but I've looked and can't find it.

Does M&S requalification add another year or two to my existing membership period, or does it start a new two year period as of when I requalify?

Specifically, I am M&S E as of 1 Feb 15, through 31 Jan 17. If I reach 25,000 additional status miles in, say, October 2015, does that requalify my E through October 2017, or through 31 Jan 18?
Jan.19 !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.