The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:42 am

Filling flight number in claiming missing miles section of Miles and Smiles

I have had a flight on Turkish airways that is missing from my latest Miles and Smilers statement. This is for 2 weeks ago, but other TA flights at that time are recorded on the statement. So I am now trying to use the "claim missing miles" facility on the Miles and Smiles page. But there is no opportunity to insert the flight number after the letters TK in "Flight." When I try to enter the flight number, nothing happens and when I drop it down, only the letters TK appear again and there is no place for text (flight number). What do I do now?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:42 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by ukthesis
I have had a flight on Turkish airways that is missing from my latest Miles and Smilers statement. This is for 2 weeks ago, but other TA flights at that time are recorded on the statement. So I am now trying to use the "claim missing miles" facility on the Miles and Smiles page. But there is no opportunity to insert the flight number after the letters TK in "Flight." When I try to enter the flight number, nothing happens and when I drop it down, only the letters TK appear again and there is no place for text (flight number). What do I do now?
Works for me. Sounds like a browser problem, have you tried a different browser?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:50 pm

Filling flight number in claiming missing miles section of Miles and Smiles

I tried it again, this time with Google Crome with the same negative result. Before it was with Firefox.

You enter the date and then it comes below to the "Flight." There it starts off with TK. I cannot type anything in that box. There is a drop down box but that just says the same thing, TK and again there is again nowhere to type the flight number.

Is your procedure any different?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:09 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

I tried it again, this time with Google Crome with the same negative result. Before it was with Firefox.

You enter the date and then it comes below to the "Flight." There it starts off with TK. I cannot type anything in that box. There is a drop down box but that just says the same thing, TK and again there is again nowhere to type the flight number.

Is your procedure any different?
Mine looks like this (Firefox) and as you can see I had no problem entering the flight number (fictitious TK 123)

Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:59 am

Thank you.

OK, I have it and thanks. When are the details updated after I complete this form?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
My take is that TK and Chrome are not the best friends.
After years I still cannot modify a search via the "start over" button and instead have to reload the home page.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:31 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

OK, I have it and thanks. When are the details updated after I complete this form?
Well the only time I had to use the form was a C class flight from IST and it updated instantly.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: United, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz, National
IST-LHR flight

I'm scheduled to fly IST-LHR next month in business class on a B773. (Side note: I'm surprised a B773 is scheduled for this route; it seems more common that a A321 or A330 flies this route.) This will be my first time flying TK, so I was just curious what to expect. Everything I've read here seems to indicate TK's business product is very good, especially compared to other flights within Europe.

A few questions:
1. Do you think it's likely there will be an equipment swap from the 773 to 321/330? I get the impression the 773 has a better business class cabin.

2. It's a morning flight, so I would expect breakfast to be served. Any thoughts on what the food options will be? I imagine this flight is considered international (opposed to intercontinental), so the food would be scaled back. I'm ultimately interested in this to make sure I get a meal at the airport lounge, if needed. This flight will be the first segment of a long day of travel.

3. Does this flight typically land at T2 at LHR?

Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Have a couple of questions:

1. Will your FF details and status appear on TK/Star Alliance BPs so that you can get the full *G benefits without showing the physical card?

2. If the above is true, will your status appear as *G on your BP, if you were only a general member at the time of booking the itinerary? Does the updated status (most current) reflect on your BPs?

3. If I need to show a physical card, is there a place online that I can go and print off of?

Thanks!!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: All of 'em
Do miles purchases show up imm in the account balance?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Nekamah7
Do miles purchases show up imm in the account balance?
In my experience, yes they do.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I have in my M&S Account 750 miles for completing my profile, plus another 2500 for recommending friends. Is there anything i can do with 3250 miles, either by spending on a short flight, or with hotel or other partners? or will they go to waste unless I credit some *A flights to my M&S account? Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by benberg2013
I have in my M&S Account 750 miles for completing my profile, plus another 2500 for recommending friends. Is there anything i can do with 3250 miles, either by spending on a short flight, or with hotel or other partners? or will they go to waste unless I credit some *A flights to my M&S account? Thanks.
Completing your profile? You only get 250 miles for changing your address, right? And whatever do you mean by recommending friends and getting awarded miles??
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Completing your profile? You only get 250 miles for changing your address, right? And whatever do you mean by recommending friends and getting awarded miles??
I received 3 times 250 award miles - for completing my address, completing my contact details, and something else i'm not sure of - it shows on my M&S activities but its all in turkish - this is what it says:

15/08/2014 TC KIMLIK NO GNCELLEMEDEN DOLAYI KAZANI 250 0
15/08/2014 ILETISIM ONAYINDAN DOLAYI KAZANILAN MIL 250 0
01/08/2014 ADRES GNCELLEMEDEN DOLAYI KAZANILAN MIL 250 0

I don't understand turkish, but with google translate i was able to understand the first 2.

And about the refering friends, if you send a link to a friend and he signs up from that, you receive 500 bonus miles, (when he registers his first flight on the account) up to 2500 bonus miles. The program is called "You and friends".
If you log into your M&S account, on the left side there is a tab saying "other applications" (or in turkish - "Diğer Uygulamalarımız") if you click on that, you will see another tab for the program "you and friends".
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
OK, very newbie question.
I am booking my first ever TK flight and their booking engine is far from readable. So I selected "pay later" option. Can I keep this way my ticket flexible for how long? Nothing stated.
Another question, it says lastime to pick up your ticket - I hope they issue e-ticket or shall I go to a TK office in Helsinki to have my ticket???

Many thanks for very dumb questions

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.