Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 4:25 am

Programs: KLM Gold, AB Gold, TK Gold, Hilton Gold
Hi,
i will fly with Turkish next Feb Business Class to Buenos Aires.
Anybody know when to make a seat reservation and how to do it.
I did an Online Booking via the website of thy.

Thanks for your help
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:12 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by travel11
Hi,
i will fly with Turkish next Feb Business Class to Buenos Aires.
Anybody know when to make a seat reservation and how to do it.
I did an Online Booking via the website of thy.

Thanks for your help
This thread will help clarify http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...at+reservation
Old Apr 28, 2013, 4:52 pm

How do I use my [M&S] points to get a flight within the US?

Hi

I have one newbie question, me and my husband both have 17K turkish airlines points which will expire soon.

I read somewhere that they have tie up with star- alliance partners how do I use my points to get flight within US.

I tried to use Award/Ecnomy flight but its keeps giving error on website

any help is really appreciated?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 5:24 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by traveljunkiee
Hi

I have one newbie question, me and my husband both have 17K turkish airlines points which will expire soon.

I read somewhere that they have tie up with star- alliance partners how do I use my points to get flight within US.

I tried to use Award/Ecnomy flight but its keeps giving error on website

any help is really appreciated?
Welcome to FT, traveljunkiee!

Since your question is about using Turkish Airlines' miles the best place for it will be the Turkish Airlines forum which has its own Newbie Zone. I will ask a Moderator to move your post there.

Yes, it should be possible to use your Turkish Airlines miles for flights on other Star Alliance airlines provided you have enough miles.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum with 2.5MM. Current AA EXP
Question TK Newbie - A few A/C Questions?

Have tried searching the forums, airliners.net, press releases, seatguru/expert.com etc., and not finding much. So here goes.....

1. Seems like TK has some new A330-300s with lie-flats in Biz and some older A330-200s and A340s with angled lie flats (seen the pics online). So, are there plans/timeline for TK to update these older birds to the new Biz standard or is that not in the cards at this point?

If not in the cards, can anyone provide some definitive info on the real pitch/width (I'm 6'3") on the older lie flats?

Since there doesn't seem to be any way to tell an A330-200 flight (in the schedule) from a -300 on the TK website, is there any rule of thumb/methodology to figure this out based on city/route mileage, etc. (since it doesn't seem you can usually look at seat maps until about 3 months out on the TK website)?

Specifically, I'm curious about LHR-IST on an A340 and IST-MLE on an A330.

2. It also seems that there are new narrowbody birds (B737-8/9 and A321) that have leather seats and, while not lie flat, appear to have more room than a typical "U.S. domestic First" or "intra-European Biz" flight. Again, can't seem to find the pitch/recline data on these new B737s/A321s? Any help would be appreciated. Are they a decent Biz experience for 6-8 hours to Africa?

Lastly, can one be certain that if it's an A321 or B737-8/9 that it will be the newer Biz with leather seats and hopefully more leg room in Biz?

Thanks much in advance.
Old May 1, 2013, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
First rule of TK is, you can never be sure what aircraft will be used. They swap them out last minute a lot. Although, I've never had anything else but a 77w on PVG flights, but on other flights, especially short/medium-haul, it's been all different kinds.

Regarding updating their older seats, I saw in another thread someone mentioning that they will not, because they are trying to sell those aircrafts.
Old May 1, 2013, 10:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

LHR is served by a mix of aircraft. If A340 is planned, I assume slim chances of seeing smth different, and that will be angle-flat.
MLE is served typically by A332, but TK might swap it anytime with A333...
Old May 3, 2013, 7:57 am

Couple of questions:

1. How long does it normally take miles to get credited to TK account from a partner airline? I'm used to my flights crediting pretty quickly (~1-2 days) but not sure how long a USAir flight will take to credit.

2. What are the rules around brining 1 guest to a *A lounge if *G? with TK? I do a lot of domestic US travel in economy, and use *A lounges with my TK status. Can I bring 1 guest into these lounges when traveling on the same flight?

3. Is the Miles&Smiles credit card available only in Turkey or US too (online application)? Seems like the miles generated from the card count towards status.
Old May 3, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
1. Don't know
2. Yes, you can bring a guest.
3. No, only available in Turkey, although there have been talk that they want to launch it internationally. What that means nobody knows though.
Old May 3, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: Far too many
miles & smiles status

Hi,

How long is the status granted for a match?

What's needed to maintain status?

Thanks!
Old May 3, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by j-rad
1. How long does it normally take miles to get credited to TK account from a partner airline? I'm used to my flights crediting pretty quickly (~1-2 days) but not sure how long a USAir flight will take to credit.
Don't know abut USAir flight, but my BF's SAS flight posted within 4 days. When they post, they will send you an email notifying you that the miles have been deposited into your account.
Old May 3, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by travel light
Hi,

How long is the status granted for a match?

What's needed to maintain status?

Thanks!
This video explains it all.

Turkish Miles&Smiles
http://youtu.be/hmBTJ964QRQ
Old May 4, 2013, 4:20 pm

I need some help with booking an itinerary on Turkish Airlines. I found it on ITA and went to the website for Turkish Airlines, which was unresponsive.

The itinerary starts in PDX and includes one flight on AA and one on JetBlue, as well as three flights on Turkish Airlines.

Reading through this thread, it sounds like the best bet for Turkish Airlines is to go to the local office. I doubt we have one in PDX - maybe there is a counter at the airport....

Since the first flight is on American, can they book such a ticket? Or do I need a travel agent?

I apologize for such newbie questions. It is my first effort at booking a ticket I found using ITA. Any ideas would be most helpful!

Thanks!

Update - I was able to almost replicate the price on Orbitz - a difference of $16 a ticket - which is not too bad. Is there a reason to book such a ticket with a TA over Orbitz? I'd still love some YA recs! Thanks.

Last edited by TWA44; May 4, 2013 at 5:37 pm
Old May 6, 2013, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by j-rad
Couple of questions:

Depends on the airline.

E.g. SK / KF about 3 days, LH 5-7 days.
Old May 6, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Looking up an upcoming reservation via their manage my booking feature. I couldn't help but noticing something strange. In the info box, under the flight details it says "This is an award ticket/reservation", even though it's booked and ticketed as a revenue J fare.

I am guessing this is some kind of website glitch, and I should get my miles credited accordingly?

Also my other question is, how do I retro-claim partner flights? I was just on the phone with the Elite line, and they told me that it was possible via an online form. However the only info I got on the website was that BP's have to be sent in manually by post. Is there any way to retro-claim online or via e-mail?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.