Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Transatlantic American
The rep I spoke with said only 24 hours ahead of time? Is the 100 days correct or is my rep correct?
I believe you can only reserve at checkin for domestic flights, so 24 hours before departure. If it is an international flight you probably got a hold of someone who cannot be bothered and I would call them back.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by 89703511961
What flights are you looking to reserve seats on?

I've reserved seats on international seats within 100 days by DMing them on twitter. Alternatively, if you can route your traffic through the US you should be able to use the new p.turkishairlines.com website to reserve.
Can I reserve seats via my TK website account?

I'm looking to reserve a seat for a business class fare on the first leg of my trip which is to Istanbul and then the same for the 2nd leg from IST-LHR.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: Turkish Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by Transatlantic American
Can I reserve seats via my TK website account?

I'm looking to reserve a seat for a business class fare on the first leg of my trip which is to Istanbul and then the same for the 2nd leg from IST-LHR.
Yes I was able to using the new website which appears to only be targeted for US customers.

You need to make sure your traffic is going through the US and go to p.turkishairlines.com
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by 89703511961
Yes I was able to using the new website which appears to only be targeted for US customers.

You need to make sure your traffic is going through the US and go to p.turkishairlines.com
Got it now!

Just wondering, what are typically the best seats in TK's widebody business class?

I am flying out of Wash DC and it's two seats in 3 rows.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Hi there,

I'm flying BKK-IST-LHR in J next month and would like to know what seats to choose (all flights are 77W & 333). Right now I have 5A booked for all sectors but noticed that it is right in front of the galley (on the 333), will this be a problem on a night flight?

Also, I've noticed that there're two versions of the 77Ws J product (one looks newer than the other), is there a way to know if you've got refurbished J product?

Thanks in Advance.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:38 am

Typically, how long does it take for TK to post miles from TK flights to the account?

Answering my own question: it only takes a few days after the flight.

Last edited by godsquare; Jun 12, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:55 pm

Looks like TK has Pre-Check now; has anyone had success calling in to get their KTN added to their ticket, or are we stuck trying to do it at airport check-in?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by twentytwo
Looks like TK has Pre-Check now; has anyone had success calling in to get their KTN added to their ticket, or are we stuck trying to do it at airport check-in?
at airport check in only
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:08 am

I have enough status miles so that my Elite should be extended but the date hasn't been updated. My total miles from the last twelve months are below the threshold. Anyone know if I will still get my Elite extended? Alternatively, do I need to purchase additional status or bonus miles?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
at airport check in only
I had an agent add it over the phone for me
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: LH M/M - FB Plat
Hi everyone !

I have a problem : I inverted my Last and First Names on the TK website when joining the program. Then, I got my new *G card with the match and I was wondering if the lounge angels would let me pass, even if my names were inverted.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by jules67500
Hi everyone !

I have a problem : I inverted my Last and First Names on the TK website when joining the program. Then, I got my new *G card with the match and I was wondering if the lounge angels would let me pass, even if my names were inverted.
If you're concerned about IST, nobody is going to look at your card. You can scan your boarding pass and the gates will open for you. In other lounges they may or may not want to see the actual card; typically, scanning your boarding pass is enough as your status is indicated on it.

Shuly
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:28 pm

I have to requalify within Oct 2017 and I need 3833 status miles.
I've in mind to take some flights and to buy 1000 miles. Doing this I would reach 3770 miles and be short of 63 miles.
If I contact TK, do you think is any chance they will leave me requalify though I'm 63 miles short?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by shuly
If you're concerned about IST, nobody is going to look at your card. You can scan your boarding pass and the gates will open for you. In other lounges they may or may not want to see the actual card; typically, scanning your boarding pass is enough as your status is indicated on it.

Shuly
His first and last name would have to be inverted on the ticket as well or the system wouldn't match his name on to M&S status.

You will have to get them correct this for you or your shiny new plastic will be useless and you won't be able collect any miles
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Sciamano
I have to requalify within Oct 2017 and I need 3833 status miles.
I've in mind to take some flights and to buy 1000 miles. Doing this I would reach 3770 miles and be short of 63 miles.
If I contact TK, do you think is any chance they will leave me requalify though I'm 63 miles short?
As they give you the option to buy status miles I seriously doubt it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.