Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by TObject
Is visa on-arrival available for USA tourists in Istanbul airport (IST)?
Would airline refuse travel to Turkey if shown USA passport and no visa?

I know a less expensive e-Visa is available on-line prior to departure.
Your State Department gives you this advice: https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...ry/turkey.html

It's no longer possible to turn up and buy the visa on arrival for all nationalities. I noticed going through immigration last time that there were some terminals fat the side or people to get an e-visa if they had failed to do so previously but why would you want to wait until then to do it - just get it on-line before you leave: www.evisa.gov.tr/en it's valid for six months so very useful if you are frequent traveller to Turkey.

The airline won't check to see if you have a visa - partly because it's likely to be an e-visa and partly because they have no idea if you plan to enter Turkey or are going to fly on to another destination. Obviously if the latter applies no visa is required.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: MPC GR, GC Jade, OZ DM, MVP GO, AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Diamond, Marriot Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Enthilza
Indeed. If you fly 25,000 miles by May 2018, your status will be extended until May 2021.

The monthly M&S statement has a dedicated line for this which tells you were you stand.
Thank you for your help!
Previous I log into account and check card operations, however since it's not the end of May yet it still shows I requalifed again.
Old May 25, 2017, 6:28 am

FYI: TK has some very impressive business class promotions to the US going on at the moment. They seem to expire August 31st. PVG-IST-JFK was just quoted to me at CNY 9,900, which came out to CNY 14,100 (=USD 2053) including tax for a full return flight booked in J. I was told these flights are available to multiple US destinations ex Asia.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Can I ask if I buy a fully flexible online, can I cancel it online with no penalty? Is there any transaction cost with cancelling such a ticket? The short description of the fare class says: Reissue is allowed without penalty and Refund is allowed without penalty.

Just want to be sure before I book such a ticket. I am waiting for a redemption to come through and I need a back up ticket just in case my redemption doesn't come through. Thanks!
Old May 29, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Additional hold baggage

I've got an excellent priced W fare for a domestic flight within Turkey. The only downside is that the hold baggage limit is 15kg.

But I'm Elite/*G so my question is, does that allow me to increase my hold baggage to 32kg?

Grateful for advice.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by CoweyB
I've got an excellent priced W fare for a domestic flight within Turkey. The only downside is that the hold baggage limit is 15kg.

But I'm Elite/*G so my question is, does that allow me to increase my hold baggage to 32kg?

Grateful for advice.
elite flying domestic get 20kg extra checked-in baggage.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC 25K
Ooops - not sure how this post got into the Turkish Airline forum. Please ignore.

I have Silver status on United. Does this give me reciprocal benefits on Air Canada (i.e., treated as if I am Altitude Premier 25K)?

Last edited by bart889; May 31, 2017 at 2:33 pm Reason: Posted in wrong forum
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: KF
i purchased my TK ticket through online travel agent. It gives me the PNR and the eticket number including flight details but doesnt show baggage allowance.I tried to look through view eticket at TK website by entering my eticket number, but it says, only iterinaries booked in TK website can be retrieve. The booking details can be retrieve though ,through manage my booking , view flight and upon entering the PNR instead but it shows only the flight details, and the corresponding eticket number.Can someone direct me where I can find my Eticket Iterinary (those pdf files generated by other airlines like EK and shows validity of the ticket coupon, luggage allowance and total money paid? Thanks in advance. Amadeus or viewtrip perhaps?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Does the Elite bonus apply to *A flights, or is it solely TK flights?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
First time poster in the TK forum!

I booked my first TK flight through UA. The flight is in October 2017. I tried to pick seats on the TK website and was shown an error message since the ticket was not issued by TK, and to call. I call up and the rep says I can't pick seats for this flight until July 17.

Since I never flew TK before, I wanted to make sure this is normal. Does this seem right?

Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: Turkish Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by JHake10
First time poster in the TK forum!

I booked my first TK flight through UA. The flight is in October 2017. I tried to pick seats on the TK website and was shown an error message since the ticket was not issued by TK, and to call. I call up and the rep says I can't pick seats for this flight until July 17.

Since I never flew TK before, I wanted to make sure this is normal. Does this seem right?

Thanks!
Yes, you can only reserve seats within 100 days of the flight.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by 89703511961
Thank you! I'm just use to US airlines where you pick seats right away then they swap aircraft on you later without saying
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP

Ask them on Twitter via dm.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:04 pm

The rep I spoke with said only 24 hours ahead of time? Is the 100 days correct or is my rep correct?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: Turkish Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by Transatlantic American
The rep I spoke with said only 24 hours ahead of time? Is the 100 days correct or is my rep correct?
What flights are you looking to reserve seats on?

I've reserved seats on international seats within 100 days by DMing them on twitter. Alternatively, if you can route your traffic through the US you should be able to use the new p.turkishairlines.com website to reserve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.