Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 1:06 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
[QUOTE=PVDtoDEL;26677179]The airlines of America have trained you well
QUOTE]

Old May 29, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: A3*Gold
Pretty sure that their flight from SGN-BKK is dry. But that was to do with TK being cheap.

Bar service opened as soon as we left BKK.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
CAI-IST

I found this thread only after performing a Google search. My recent CAI-IST flight on TK's Business Class was dry and that took me by surprise. I had no idea that TK had such a policy - I'd thought maybe only flights to the Arab countries in the Gulf? Just bumping this thread to prepare those planning a TK flight to/from Cairo.

marcelduchamp

Last edited by marcelduchamp; Nov 19, 2017 at 5:49 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by marcelduchamp
CAI-IST

I found this thread only after performing a Google search. My recent Business CAI-IST flight on TK's Business Class was dry and that took me by surprise. I had no idea that TK had such a policy - I'd thought maybe only flights to the Arab countries in the Gulf? Just bumping this thread to prepare those planning a TK flight to/from Cairo.

marcelduchamp
Are there fights on any carriers where premium classes have access to booze but economy passengers do not? I know payment might be required in economy, but I thought alcohol availability held throughout the aircraft.

AFAIK, IST CAI has been dry forever, though my experience is on the 7am/9 am flights, so it's not something I've particularly noticed.

Egyptair is is dry throughout its network and is a code-share partner on the route; so TK's attitude could be formed around that.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 4:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Are there fights on any carriers where premium classes have access to booze but economy passengers do not? I know payment might be required in economy, but I thought alcohol availability held throughout the aircraft.

AFAIK, IST CAI has been dry forever, though my experience is on the 7am/9 am flights, so it's not something I've particularly noticed.

Egyptair is is dry throughout its network and is a code-share partner on the route; so TK's attitude could be formed around that.
On a very few particularly short flight segments on some USA carriers, there could be drinks service (with choice of alcoholic or nonalcoholic beverages) in FC but no time to do it in coach, sometimes with just a choice of something like water or coffee being offered.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: AC SE
Is IST-MLE dry?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:23 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by jasdou
Is IST-MLE dry?
No, free flowing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.