Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I had applied in Novemver for status match but didnt have my card then and hence was waiting to send them email. By the time I got my card in Jan - the email stopped working. For those who have recently got the match - how did you apply - web form or email?

I've tried via webform - quoting the emails I had but no luck since Jan.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Did TK confirm receipt of you submitted form? They gave me a confirmation number.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by shawn67
Did TK confirm receipt of you submitted form? They gave me a confirmation number.
I did get a confirmation number - when I look it up again the images dont show up....hopefully they went through.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 2:19 pm
sjl

Programs: 1K, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Acid
I did get a confirmation number - when I look it up again the images dont show up....hopefully they went through.
Make sure your images were under 1 MB - that was my problem the first time
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got an e-mail response, so the status match program is certainly not dead.

"Elite plus and Emirald card copy you sent us is due to expire on 03/2013 and 04/2013. Therefore we kindly need to ask you to send us a copy of your new card showing your new expiry date which will show us that you have extended your gold level for another period."

When I applied I included copies of my then (and still) current BAEC Gold and Flying Blue Lifetime Platinum Elite cards, as well as recent statements.

Now they want new scans of my new cards. Bit silly as far as the FB card is concerned, as it does say "Lifetime", which should be pretty clear. My BAEC card is valid trough 04/13, and I have yet to receive a new one.

"Kindly also add new statement copies for the last 2 month period"

The statements I originally supplied were up-to-date and thus the most recent I could provide at the time of application.

So apparently they not only want proof that I have renewed top tier status in not one but two alliances, but also that I am still earning miles in both programs in 2013. Sure, fair enough, happy to oblige (once I get my new BAEC card), but it seems they are being rather picky about whom they status match.

Johan
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Acid
At least you can look it up. I just tried using the "Previous Feedbacks" form online to respond to the e-mail mentioned in my previous post, and just get a "No Item Found!" response. Jeez . . . .

Johan
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: NZ*G, TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels AdvantagePlus Platinum
Another report of a successful status match.

I applied for my status match with my NZ*G card on 22nd Jan just after the reports were coming in that the status may have been discontinued (figured I better give it a go quick and try my luck - No harm in trying!)

Unexpectedly received a reply yesterday night:

Dear *****

Referring to your e-mail message dated 22.01.2013 , Elite card status match has been provided and your membership has been updated as '' Elite Card '' level.

We would like to be honoured to see you as an Elite member for your future flights by Turkish Airlines.

Kind Regards,
TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT

I provided photos of my *G card and Lounge Access Cards, along with the statement of my travels/mileage accrual with NZ.

Have logged into my TG account and can see that my account now shows as 'elite' with an expiry date of 31/01/2015. Am a little bit disappointed as I was not sure if my status match was going through so spent a fair bit of money on mileage runs so renew my NZ*G this month, I guess on the plus side TG*G lasts 2 years ^

But it seems that the status match is still running, I would recommend those that are interested to give it a go and you might receive a reply in the next 1-2 months
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: TK*G, A3*G, TG*S
Originally Posted by jeremykjtan
Another report of a successful status match.

I applied for my status match with my NZ*G card on 22nd Jan just after the reports were coming in that the status may have been discontinued (figured I better give it a go quick and try my luck - No harm in trying!)

Unexpectedly received a reply yesterday night:

Dear *****

Referring to your e-mail message dated 22.01.2013 , Elite card status match has been provided and your membership has been updated as '' Elite Card '' level.

We would like to be honoured to see you as an Elite member for your future flights by Turkish Airlines.

Kind Regards,
TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT

I provided photos of my *G card and Lounge Access Cards, along with the statement of my travels/mileage accrual with NZ.

Have logged into my TG account and can see that my account now shows as 'elite' with an expiry date of 31/01/2015. Am a little bit disappointed as I was not sure if my status match was going through so spent a fair bit of money on mileage runs so renew my NZ*G this month, I guess on the plus side TG*G lasts 2 years ^

But it seems that the status match is still running, I would recommend those that are interested to give it a go and you might receive a reply in the next 1-2 months
TG = Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
TK = Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

I am glad to hear that the requests on 22 have been processed. I am waiting for my request on 27 to be processed.

Last edited by piyabute; Mar 29, 2013 at 9:01 pm
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeremykjtan
I provided photos of my *G card
Out of curiosity, what was the expiry date on that card? You will have seen form my previous post, they want me to prove top tier membership in two programs through 2013 in order to consider my request.

Johan
Old Apr 1, 2013, 6:04 am

I sent the request on 27 Jan. with Aegean Gold card and statement.
Today, 1 Apr, my card is upgraded to Elite. Expire 31/01/2015.

Last edited by piyabute; Apr 1, 2013 at 7:29 am
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: AF/KL-G, TK*G, LH/OS*S
Applied end of January, received reply last Friday, expiry 31/01/2015. Great! Thanks TK!
Old Apr 2, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
how long does it take to receive the actual card? Is there a place online where you can print a card? I just got matched today, but have a domestic usa trip in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed I can get my card in time so I can use the lounge
Old Apr 2, 2013, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by UAConcorde
how long does it take to receive the actual card? Is there a place online where you can print a card? I just got matched today, but have a domestic usa trip in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed I can get my card in time so I can use the lounge
What about your original card used for status matching? Can't you use it while waiting for the new TK card?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 2:31 am

Programs: NZ*G, TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels AdvantagePlus Platinum
Originally Posted by piyabute
TG = Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
TK = Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

I am glad to hear that the requests on 22 have been processed. I am waiting for my request on 27 to be processed.
Thanks piyabute - I have been working on a mileage redemption with both TG and TK the last couple of months and got a little confused!

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Out of curiosity, what was the expiry date on that card? You will have seen form my previous post, they want me to prove top tier membership in two programs through 2013 in order to consider my request.

Johan
Hi Johan, the expiry date on my NZ*G card was 04/13 and the expiry date on my Star Alliance Gold card was 30/04/2013. I applied in mid-Jan so only had just over 3 months left on my membership to status match from. I did mention that I had a flight with TK later this year which may have played a part, but I doubt it seeing as the response E-Mail back was quite generic to others that have been granted a status match. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:34 am

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond
4 months after my original request, in which I included screen shots of my FB account page, I finally got a reply last week asking for a copy of my gold card. I felt like replying I don't do gold, only platinum Anyway, I took a pic of my platinum FB card and mailed it to them a few days ago. Still classic status now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.