Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by djchuckles
Chased mine up by email - been two months - and now the thy.com email isn't in use - so have chased up via web query on the site - not holding my breath!
Likewise.

Chris
Old Feb 2, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: EBG(*AG), FBG, HH Gold, BW Diamond
Applied 3 weeks ago, still no answer. So yep; guess its dead..
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:59 pm
formerly danblar

Originally Posted by SHolberg
Applied 3 weeks ago, still no answer. So yep; guess its dead..
Same here, but I emailed them 2 months ago! Meh.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Originally Posted by danblar
Same here, but I emailed them 2 months ago! Meh.
Two months ago?

Give them a call, beginning of December the offer was definitely still working!
DON'T call your local number, use the Elite number in Turkey shown on the TK website. You can select english as an language option then.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 5:52 pm
formerly danblar

Originally Posted by nighthawkrs
Two months ago?

DON'T call your local number, use the Elite number in Turkey shown on the TK website. You can select english as an language option then.
I did upon failing the first time - got an email saying I needed to attach both my account statement and FF card, which I did, might I add.

I was advised to resend the credentials, which I also did. I wanted to pursue this match as my NZ*G status was expiring and I did not requalify. Shouldn't matter now, since I got UA GS through a corporate contract.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by nighthawkrs
Two months ago?

so if you didn't get any notice from them, it might be they are not going to do anything about it? will calling help?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Originally Posted by thskyisthelimit
so if you didn't get any notice from them, it might be they are not going to do anything about it? will calling help?
Hit and miss, depending on the agent you get.
If he isn't helpful, give it 2 or 3 more tries with another agent
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:17 pm

Thumbs up

Applied 11/17/12. Followed up by email about the card pack, with no reply, 12/10/12. Received card pack, 2/5/13. No miles credited to the account needed.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
EY Status match

Anyone had any luck with an EY status match? I know the OP says no non-alliance carriers, but maybe the higher tiers? I'm GE on EY (120k per annum) and I'm flying my first Turkish leg to AUH next week (EY's home base) because, well, Turkish offered an irresistible connection/fare combo (LGW-IST-AUH-IST-TRN which is EXACTLY what I need to fly).

Makes sense for them to match EY/EK/QR more than it does for them to match other * IMHO, those are the carriers they are mostly trying to compete with, after all?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:08 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by EFATO
Anyone had any luck with an EY status match? I know the OP says no non-alliance carriers, but maybe the higher tiers? I'm GE on EY (120k per annum) and I'm flying my first Turkish leg to AUH next week (EY's home base) because, well, Turkish offered an irresistible connection/fare combo (LGW-IST-AUH-IST-TRN which is EXACTLY what I need to fly).

Makes sense for them to match EY/EK/QR more than it does for them to match other * IMHO, those are the carriers they are mostly trying to compete with, after all?
Regardless of whether non-alliance FFPs are acceptable, this deal is dead...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:42 am

Applied mid December and just got matched from United gold today (mid February) so maybe the deal is still alive on a case by case basis.

I actually fly a bit on Turkish airlines already so maybe that had something to do with it but could just be random luck too.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:54 am

Programs: BDLG, BAEC Silver, Skyteam pleb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Late to the Party

Hi All

Just did my request today both via email to the (since discovered) defunct address and now over the website attaching BA gold statement and card picture plus (as I could not resist), a picture of my BMI Gold (valid until 05/13 - shame the airline isn't).

I will chase in a month, I have also registered a M&S account and included this number.

If I get anywhere (even if it is nowhere), I shall let you know on here.

All the best.

20-Horse
Old Feb 21, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by 20-Horse
Hi All

Just did my request today both via email to the (since discovered) defunct address and now over the website attaching BA gold statement and card picture plus (as I could not resist), a picture of my BMI Gold (valid until 05/13 - shame the airline isn't).

I will chase in a month, I have also registered a M&S account and included this number.

If I get anywhere (even if it is nowhere), I shall let you know on here.

All the best.

20-Horse
Why bother? This offer has been dead for over a month.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Why bother? This offer has been dead for over a month.
You've made this claim twice now with no official information to substantiate your claims. Just because we've had no new reports of status match does not mean the deal is dead as those of us who have been matched know it didn't happen overnight and TK is notorious for their slow response.

Until we see an official document from TK stating they are no longer offering the status match I would be of the mind that the offer is still valid.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Neil791
Until we see an official document from TK stating they are no longer offering the status match I would be of the mind that the offer is still valid.
There was never a document from TK to officialize when they started offering status matches. I don't know why they would officialy state that they don't do it anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.