Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
Has anyone tried matching Elite Plus? with maybe 1k or EXP? it doesnt say anywhere that such is possible/not possible
Old Apr 16, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Acid
Congratulations! What additional documents did you send to show expiry of card after 4/13?
Originally Posted by iamaho
Partner and I applied on April 1, 2013.
Got the automated reply, demanding more information on April 12. Resubmitted information on April 12.
Partner got matched April 15. I am still waiting. Resubmitted my information again April 15.
Until when is the status valid and which info did you have to provide in total?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:40 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by UAConcorde
Has anyone tried matching Elite Plus? with maybe 1k or EXP? it doesnt say anywhere that such is possible/not possible
It isn't an option, TK match to elite level only.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Until when is the status valid and which info did you have to provide in total?
Valid until April 2015.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Acid
Congratulations! What additional documents did you send to show expiry of card after 4/13?
Thank you.

I took a picture of my new Flying Blue Lifetime Platinum Elite card, which shows an "expiry date" of 03/14. (not sure why they insist in issueing new cards every year to lifetime members), as well as a scan of my Flying Blue statement for the first months of the year.

Johan
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:25 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally applied April 2. Partner got his a few days ago. However, I was still waiting, so I resubmitted information on April 15. Matched April 17.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by iamaho
Originally applied April 2. Partner got his a few days ago. However, I was still waiting, so I resubmitted information on April 15. Matched April 17.
Harumph. I've resubmitted now, too, since both of you submitted after my previous submittal. Hopefully I selected the correct menu options this time so that the appropriate office gets the request.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:15 pm

Programs: TK*G, A3*G, TG*S
Applied on 22 January 2013
Approved on 1 April 2013
Card received on 18 April 2013 in Bangkok

I want to complain that the package is not strong enough to secure the card inside.
The membership card is twisted while the luggage tags are safe.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by piyabute
Applied on 22 January 2013
Approved on 1 April 2013
Card received on 18 April 2013 in Bangkok

I want to complain that the package is not strong enough to secure the card inside.
The membership card is twisted while the luggage tags are safe.
At least you received your card and tags, I was approved but never received neither the card nor the tags.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, SW Preferred, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Etihad Gold Elite
Applied April 1st
Resubmitted April 15th
"Approved" April 18th
"Cards are enroute to US"

Referring to your e-mail message dated 15.04.2013 Elite card status match has been provided and your membership has been updated as '' Elite Card '' level.

We would like to be honoured to see you as an Elite member for your future flights by Turkish Airlines.

Kind Regards,

TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT
Old Apr 18, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, SW Preferred, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Etihad Gold Elite
You can always request a new card. - log into your account, then go to "My Account" and then click on "Card Operations" from there you can click on request replacement card.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
At least you received your card and tags, I was approved but never received neither the card nor the tags.
When did you get status matched?
It took about 2 weeks to deliver my card.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by KGDIII
You can always request a new card. - log into your account, then go to "My Account" and then click on "Card Operations" from there you can click on request replacement card.
Thank you for your suggestion. I did it already.
I am glad to see a representative from TK in this board.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:29 am

They have come back for the third time, telling me my statement is not sufficient. They say they need a "statement" not a "flight summary." I sent my statement. At this point, I think it's pretty clear they are just jerking some of us around hoping we give up. I don't really understand -- if they don't want to match, don't match. Otherwise, these games are ridiculous. I've sent 3 different pictures and scans of my USAirways card, and there's very little doubt I have status. If anyone matched to USAirways has figured out a way to send a statement that is acceptable to them, please let me know.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The TK website makes it fairly unclear how the card actually looks. On some pictures it looks almost red, whereas on others it appears to have a brilliant gold, almost yellow tone. In reality it looks like something inbetween, so I figured I'd share a few pictures if the rest of you don't mind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.