Wiki Posts
Search

TAV Airport Hotel (Airside)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Question TAV Airport Hotel (Airside)

Since there isn't a sub-forum for Turkey or Istanbul, I thought I'd just hijack the TK forum as the closest thing...

For booking the TAV Airport Hotel at IST (airside), is it necessary/advisable to guarantee the reservation with a credit card? I notice that the online form does not include such an option.

Does that mean if ultimately a credit card is required for guarantee, I would have to send my credit card details by email to TAV Airport Hotel? Surely this is a more secure option of transmitting my credit card details to TAV?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:18 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
I used the airside hotel 3 times.
Every time i would book the room only the day before the travel without any CC guarantee.
Until now never a problem.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
I specifically asked the TAV airside hotel whether they want a CC number to book a room, and they said no. They said they'd hold the room for 2 hours after my stated arrival time, and release it for sale to other customers at that point.

The web booking site is confusing because it asks for a CC number - but this applies to the landside hotel (which is booked nightly, not hourly), not the airside hotel.

(I ended up not using the hotel at all because I was able to change my flights to eliminate the long layover.)
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I stopped by TAV yesterday trying to confirm my reservation for my next trip and they said it's not needed and just told me to show up at intended time/date.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Don't want to send my cc details unnecessarily. In any case, I expect to be in IST a few hours before my planned check-in at the airside hotel. Worst case if my booking is cancelled, I guess I could use the lounge for an overnight nap.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile Can you rent use of the Hotel Gym

Does the TAV Airside Hotel rent their gym and or swimming pool, like they do at the Dubai Airside Hotel ? I have a 5 hour layover in IST. Too short to get a room, too long to sit in the lounge....although it is a really nice lounge,
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by gpicur
Does the TAV Airside Hotel rent their gym and or swimming pool, like they do at the Dubai Airside Hotel ? I have a 5 hour layover in IST. Too short to get a room, too long to sit in the lounge....although it is a really nice lounge,
No, I don't think those rooms at airside even have windows, much less other amenities, again, I could be wrong.

You can get room for just 3 hours at astronomical rate (100+ Euros) but try to get the sleeping rooms in the lounge first (if you can get it).

If your schedules are set and you're willing to pay for it, book early (IST is getting more crowded each day), I talked to someone in the lounge who tried to get a room in TAV airside but couldn't (full).
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just booked an airside room for a trip upcoming in August. We're arriving from ATH (A3) at 20:30 and then departing to YYZ (AC) the following AM at 10:55.

Can anyone advise what the process is in IST for clearing customs (either on arrival or departure), getting bags on arrival and then checking them in again.

Wondering how this is all done while staying airside? Mostly confused about how the baggages / check-in works and if we need eVisa or not.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yvr76
Just booked an airside room for a trip upcoming in August. We're arriving from ATH (A3) at 20:30 and then departing to YYZ (AC) the following AM at 10:55.

Can anyone advise what the process is in IST for clearing customs (either on arrival or departure), getting bags on arrival and then checking them in again.

Wondering how this is all done while staying airside? Mostly confused about how the baggages / check-in works and if we need eVisa or not.
Realized this won't work. We're on 2 separate PNRs for this, so would have to either see if A3 would check our bags through to AC (the flight is 14 hours later). If they didn't, we'd have to pick up our bags and would need to wait until the following AM to check them in with AC.

Will likely just do land-side. Should have just tried to transit through FRA overnight and stayed within the EU.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
I can confirm that no CC is required, I always make a booking but even this is not required.
The rooms are ok but no window and there is no gym, pool etc.
But the bathroom and beds are good.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:25 pm

We booked a room here for 15 hours. I think the bump from 9 hours to 15 was $25 more. We weren't able to get a visa in time and had a 20 hour layover. Check-in is pretty quick. It's just below the Turkish lounge. Wifi is included, but fairly slow. No working channels on the TV. There is a fridge/mini bar. Room service is fairly cheap.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I’ve booked it twice by giving my CC during the reservations process on their website to hold the room (checked my old emails just now), but paid in cash at the desk instead. Haven’t had any issues. They are also efficient at answering emails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.