Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Better Lounge Options: *G on TK in Y, ex-ORD or ex-IAD?

Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres

I'm a *G (and United Club member) flying to IST on TK in Y. It looks like (though I can't verify) both *A lounges (Swiss and SAS) will be closed well before the TK flight leaves ORD (10p on a Wednesday evening). Is that correct? Is there a *G lounge in T5 at ORD late at night?

And am I correct that late at night at IAD, I would be similarly limited - that the LH lounge is closed and so my only options will be the United Clubs?

Anyone made this choice before between flying TK from ORD versus IAD? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
You're not helping yourself posing the same question in multiple forums (here, LX and *A).
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
You're not helping yourself posing the same question in multiple forums (here, LX and *A).
Ok so help me - where should it go? I'm not trying to spam the boards; I just wasn't sure where to post. I'll happily take down any inappropriately-located posts.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 6:51 pm

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by NgatesSEA

And am I correct that late at night at IAD, I would be similarly limited - that the LH lounge is closed and so my only options will be the United Clubs?

Thanks.
You are right that the LH lounge will be closed by the time of TK flight from IAD. Although I have not flown Y on TK, they given me a coupon to access Virgin's lounge when I flew on C. I suppose that you will be given a coupon to access the virgin lounge as a *G (as in many other airlines in the similar situation).
Old Dec 26, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
At JFK they gave a ticket to access the Alitalia lounge as a *G in Y. Wasn't a great lounge but not as bad as a UA domestic lounge either. I did use the LH lounge prior to them closing it using my *G card then moved to the AZ lounge after LH closed. Food and drinks definitely much better in the LH lounge.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Atuchan
You are right that the LH lounge will be closed by the time of TK flight from IAD. Although I have not flown Y on TK, they given me a coupon to access Virgin's lounge when I flew on C. I suppose that you will be given a coupon to access the virgin lounge as a *G (as in many other airlines in the similar situation).
In IAD I was given access to Virgin Lounge when flying TK Y as *G
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:58 am

The Virgin lounge at IAD looks nice but their website says it closes at flight time which appears to be around 630pm... so was it really much use when the TK flight is at 1130pm?

I usually don't arrive early enough to make much use of the lounge but was just curious for those that have received Virgin lounge access from TK.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 5:25 am

I was able to use the JAL lounge at ORD with my UC pass and TK boarding pass last month. I also had a 10pm flight and limited lounge options.

Once you are past security, turn right. It is on the right, just past some food/book stands. The entry is tucked back from the main hall a little. IIRC, there are several airlines that share the lounge.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by AlbConst
The Virgin lounge at IAD looks nice but their website says it closes at flight time which appears to be around 630pm... so was it really much use when the TK flight is at 1130pm?

I usually don't arrive early enough to make much use of the lounge but was just curious for those that have received Virgin lounge access from TK.
It was fully operational when I took the 11:30 flight back on Oct 31. Pretty good service and a nice selection of eats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.