Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Access IST CIP Lounge possible without physical *G Card present?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access IST CIP Lounge possible without physical *G Card present?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013, 6:56 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Is there any way you can access that without leaving the secure side of the airport? Or do they have something similar on the secure side?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:53 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by iamaho
Is there any way you can access that without leaving the secure side of the airport? Or do they have something similar on the secure side?
Nope, this is the only place where you can get the card.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: TK Gold
Originally Posted by fantayapar
You may ask to a tk staff in the international terminal and the working hours of the miles and smiles staff is 6:30 am - 23:30 pm.
I just want to make a correction: Working hours of the staff: 06:00 am- 21:30 pm
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: UAL Silver
Question for IST lounge experts

I have a Turkish Air Elite card. I may be dreaming but it seems like when I was n the IST TA lounge last March that I used my card to scan past (open) the gate but in the previous OCT I had to put my boarding pass in the gate....does anyone know if you can use your elite plus card WITHOUT having to check in at the desk or using your boarding pass?....my boarding pass does not show my elite plus status and I have a short layover so I just want to get in and out of the lounge quickly...Can I use my card without going to the front desk? Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by jimaleg
oes anyone know if you can use your elite plus card WITHOUT having to check in at the desk or using your boarding pass?
I have never seen that, and I don't think it will work, for two reasons:
1) While some of my older TK cards have a barcode (which the gate reader can process), the most recent one only has a magstripe - which the gate cannot read. Your card may be of a different vintage and still feature a barcode.
2) In principle, your TK card alone is not entitling you to access the lounge. You need to be departing on a Star carrier - as evidenced by a boarding pass. If this was not enforced, all TK Elites flying about on Atlas etc. could still go into the lounge.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: UAL Silver
I thought you needed the boarding pass.....I know the answer to this but I thought I'd ask...if my wife has physical possession of my card do you think there's any possible way the desk would let her in with just the card and a Turkish airline non refundable international ticket (cheapie ticket) boarding pass from IST to IAD?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
The QR code from the app consistently works (with a little wiggling over the scanner). I don't know for sure, but don't think the system checks the code against daily arrivals/departures.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by jimaleg
.if my wife has physical possession of my card do you think there's any possible way the desk would let her in with just the card and a Turkish airline non refundable international ticket (cheapie ticket) boarding pass from IST to IAD?
No - passenger name and name on the card must match. The passenger who holds status AND a ticket can then bring a guest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.