Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2013, 4:23 pm

purchase M&S miles

I see some changes on purchasing and transfer miles on M&S program. Now we can buy 50K miles in year for 0.02 eur and transfer on 0,01 eur per miles.
Not need activity on account as before. And transfer availiable on amount like 3567 miles for 35.67 eur. Also can buy status miles on same rate 2 eurocents.
Transferred and purchased miles posted on few minutes.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Is it X class for economy rewards and I class for Business rewards?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:13 am

the contact link originally provided instead of an email address now gives me a dead link. anyone know how to contact them via email/contact form?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:26 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by pandablood
the contact link originally provided instead of an email address now gives me a dead link. anyone know how to contact them via email/contact form?
This works for me https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/index.tkf?lang=en
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
thank you, it worked now for me. let's see how long they take to give me my missing miles...
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:35 am

Detail about tier-benefits

I was just reading this and saw at the bottom, this:

*Please remember: The above stated opportunities apply only on Turkish Airlines scheduled flights.
You may not benefit from the above stated opportunities if the flight is operated by another partner or non-partner airline or combined with another Star Alliance member airline

(The asterisk didn't refer to anything). Does anyone know if they mean this? All the benefits have to be given Star Alliance-wide.

Last edited by sliiide; Apr 22, 2014 at 7:16 am
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:07 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Welcome to FT and the TK forum sliiide

What TK mean here is that mileage earning, awards, extra baggage for Classic Plus etc. only apply to TK operated flights. The normal Star Alliance rules for Silver and Gold still apply.

Originally Posted by sliiide
I was just reading this and saw at the bottom, this:

*Please remember: The above stated opportunities apply only on Turkish Airlines scheduled flights.
You may not benefit from the above stated opportunities if the flight is operated by another partner or non-partner airline or combined with another Star Alliance member airline

(The asterisk didn't refer to anything). Does anyone know if they mean this? All the benefits have to be given Star Alliance-wide.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:49 am

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply. I also realised what they meant after I posted.

As for the normal star alliance rules for silver and gold - i presume that those always apply in full to every star alliance silver and gold card across the network and that it would take a decision from the alliance as a whole to alter them? That airlines can only individually modify things that they additionally provide to their own silver and gold members as TK is saying here.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:32 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply. I also realised what they meant after I posted.

As for the normal star alliance rules for silver and gold - i presume that those always apply in full to every star alliance silver and gold card across the network and that it would take a decision from the alliance as a whole to alter them? That airlines can only individually modify things that they additionally provide to their own silver and gold members as TK is saying here.
Yes airlines tend to grant more benefits to their own members. For example LH*S members get lounge access at LH business lounges.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:36 am

Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Welcome to FT and the TK forum sliiide

What TK mean here is that mileage earning, awards, extra baggage for Classic Plus etc. only apply to TK operated flights. The normal Star Alliance rules for Silver and Gold still apply.
do you know what the case is as far as the "CIP Private Lounges" in the link I posted go? I presume that they aren't included as they have the *G logo on them and any card with the *G logo should get you access.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:02 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

do you know what the case is as far as the "CIP Private Lounges" in the link I posted go? I presume that they aren't included as they have the *G logo on them and any card with the *G logo should get you access.
TK *S get CIP lounge access on domestic flights only.
TK*G get CIP lounge access on all flights.

All *Gs get access to any TK CIP lounge when flying on a same day *A carrier flight.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:49 pm

purchase M&S miles

Not enough miles to fly to the city you want! Purchase the extra miles to fly to the city you want and, you earn %50 extra bonus miles through June 30.
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...ra-bonus-miles
Old May 1, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: LH, BA, KE
I have searched all over TK website and this whole M&S FT forum group, but can't find the answer.

Last week, I was booked in a moderately low fared Economy transatlantic flight on Swiss, but received a comp. upgrade at the gate to Business: "C"

I know that from past experiences with other Star carriers, an upgrade to C usually entitles one to increased earning; eg, for TK 150% of miles flown

I received only 50%... Should I send in the Boarding Pass to TK and ask for 150%?

Thanks.
Old May 1, 2014, 1:34 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Airbus330
I have searched all over TK website and this whole M&S FT forum group, but can't find the answer.

Last week, I was booked in a moderately low fared Economy transatlantic flight on Swiss, but received a comp. upgrade at the gate to Business: "C"

I know that from past experiences with other Star carriers, an upgrade to C usually entitles one to increased earning; eg, for TK 150% of miles flown

I received only 50%... Should I send in the Boarding Pass to TK and ask for 150%?

Thanks.
Operational upgrades usually do not earn anything extra, unless there is computer glitch. You got what you paid for

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.