ADB-IST-IAD in "J" - transit advice please!

Subscribe
Hello! This is my first time on THY for a longhaul in "J," and as I find IST airport to be a maze I'd like to ask some advice from the savvy FTers here. I come into the domestic terminal from Izmir and have to exit that terminal, walk through baggage claim and take the escalator up to the international terminal, correct?

After that, is it as if I was originating in IST? In my limited experience, I've had to go through security again, then the normal passport control, etc. Is this still correct? There's no way to get from the domestic terminal to the international without going through the whole security process again?

If so, is there a Fast Track security line for J pax? What about the lounge?How can I get to the lounge from security? The few times I've blown threw the international terminal, I was always rushing and though I kept a lookout for the lounge signs I never saw them.

Any advice would be most welcome...thanks!
Quote: Hello! This is my first time on THY for a longhaul in "J," and as I find IST airport to be a maze I'd like to ask some advice from the savvy FTers here. I come into the domestic terminal from Izmir and have to exit that terminal, walk through baggage claim and take the escalator up to the international terminal, correct?

After that, is it as if I was originating in IST? In my limited experience, I've had to go through security again, then the normal passport control, etc. Is this still correct? There's no way to get from the domestic terminal to the international without going through the whole security process again?

If so, is there a Fast Track security line for J pax? What about the lounge?How can I get to the lounge from security? The few times I've blown threw the international terminal, I was always rushing and though I kept a lookout for the lounge signs I never saw them.

Any advice would be most welcome...thanks!
There is a new access point from the domestic to the international terminal that leads you into international airside next to gate 201. This new passage still involves a security check after passport control.

In any case, you will have to go through security after your domestic arrival.

The TK lounge has its own passport desk and security channel. So it may still pay off to go to the international departure haul and use this fast track access channel into the lounge depending on the timing and gate number of your forward connection. (Gate 201 is the furthest gate to the TK lounge)
No security fast track

Would be no problem to open 1 or 2 at least while it is crowded but they couldn't care less