Bail on UA MP and move to TA M&S?

Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum

I am currently flying LAX-IST-ZAG-IST-LAX and loving comfort class on TA. I'm having a bit of trouble getting star alliance partner flights to post to my MP account with UA. I'm in ZAG now, but wonder if I should just join M&S and try to have the remainder or even this entire trip credited to M&S instead of MP.

If I stay with MP, this flight will give me some sort of elite status with UA (providing they actually post the miles) but I find them very difficult to deal with. Below is the email I sent to them this morning.

So my question is, given the above, stay with Mileage Plus or bail and move to Miles and Smiles.

This is my first post, so apologize for any errors in communicating my question. Thanks.

To UA MP this am as an example of what I have been experiencing . . . Is TA better?

"Thank you for your response, however, there was no need to send the information to Croatia Airlines AGAIN as they had already confirmed the flights per the United Airlines email below. All that was left to be done was for the miles to be posted to my Mileage Plus account. I'm not surprised that UA is experiencing higher than usual email volume, since members must ask two to three times for items to be posted. This would certainly double to triple the amount of email and research your group is experiencing. Per the United Airlines email below, these miles should have been posted no later than May 10...."

Thanks again-

Last edited by TH310; Jun 12, 2012 at 2:33 am Reason: clarification
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Where are you based?

If you mostly fly domestically in the US, TK would help you pick up lounge access if you reached *G. You need to consider the value of miles (United miles are far more valuable than M&S due to fuel surcharges) and any upgrades you'd pick up when flying United (depending on how much you fly).
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:27 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to FlyerTalk TH310

Was your UA FF number in your booking? If so the segments already flown cannot be changed retrospectively to another *A programme.

UA is still struggling with the CO merger so a delay in posting miles is not unusual. If you mainly fly in the US and on UA, stay with UA and tough it out.

An advantage of signing up with TK would be that TK*G would give you access to UA lounges when flying domestically in the US.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice to tough it out. My UA number was in the reservation, and although I haven't seen anything post yet, hopefully it will all settle out. I am based out of LA. Sitting on the tarmack in IST as I write this looking forward to another nice comfort class flight.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum
TH310,

I am having a similar issue with miles from TK not showing up on my MP account. My flight was on May 30, and nothing has shown up so far. I also had a HUGE issue last year with South African flights not being credited to my OP account so I can't blame it on the merger. In SAA's case, it was because my first name was showing up as "JADEMS" on boarding pass and no one could figure out that it was actually Ms. Jade I don't know what TK's problem is...
Old Jun 25, 2012, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Jade_BR

Just checked my MP account and only the final leg LAX-IST was credited, even though all 4 legs were onTK. I am still waiting for my April trip on Croatia Airlines to be credited. That one is particularly irritating because UA sent an email saying that they had verified the flights and the miles would post by May 10. Repeated emails underscore that they don't bother to read the content. Good Luck.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1k MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by TH310
Jade_BR

Just checked my MP account and only the final leg LAX-IST was credited, even though all 4 legs were onTK. I am still waiting for my April trip on Croatia Airlines to be credited. That one is particularly irritating because UA sent an email saying that they had verified the flights and the miles would post by May 10. Repeated emails underscore that they don't bother to read the content. Good Luck.
I guess it's one of those "changes we'll really like". Sigh.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.