Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tk166 IST-HAN-SGN

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Tk166 IST-HAN-SGN

Flying TK166 to Hi Chi Minh and was wondering if you can disembark the plane at Hanoi, during the stop, or even if it’s worth it?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by OtardXO
Flying TK166 to Hi Chi Minh and was wondering if you can disembark the plane at Hanoi, during the stop, or even if it’s worth it?
It’s about 1-1.5 hour wait. You are supposed to wait at your seat while passengers are leaving and others are boarding. On the way back, it’s a direct flight from SGN to IST.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by flyerby
It’s about 1-1.5 hour wait. You are supposed to wait at your seat while passengers are leaving and others are boarding. On the way back, it’s a direct flight from SGN to IST.

I'm on the TK166 on 29/11. It seems to commence from HAN (Hanoi) at 17:40 and come to SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) where I get board and it is scheduled to depart at 21:35 to go to IST arriving at 05:25.

I'll report back if there were passengers on board when I travel
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:13 pm

Flew IST to SGN yesterday and disembarked leaving passengers on board to fly on to HAN. There was an announcement made that HAN passengers needed to remain on board and after leaving the plane in the corridor we had to present our boarding card stubs and be ticked off a list. I presume this was the list of passengers who were leaving at SGN.

So if would seem you aren’t allowed off to stretch your legs and that the same arrangements would apply to the TK166 flight that commenced in HAN and stops in SGN on the return leg.

Have to say it was the best flight in J that I have had with TK in sometime. Really friendly helpful crew and nothing was too much trouble.

And the pumpkin soup was superb...
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Hi @CoweyB, thanks for the info. Hope they keep up the standards in J as it will be our first time on TK J long haul my daughters first ever long haul flight.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by OtardXO
Hi @CoweyB, thanks for the info. Hope they keep up the standards in J as it will be our first time on TK J long haul my daughters first ever long haul flight.
We were among the first four to board and the HAN passengers were sitting there.

Another good old flight with Mumm champagne served liberally. The wild mushroom soup was delicious.

OtardXO your daughter will have a lovely flight and if it’s dinner - it will be by “candlelight” !

The starters

My selection of starters
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info and great pics @ CoweyB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.