Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at Kuala Lumpur airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), DL Gold (MM)
Departed Kuala Lumpur on TK a couple nights ago. Not much new to report re: the lounge situation. THAI lounge closed too early to be of much use. Hung out in the SQ Silver Kris Lounge for about an hour until they closed. Quiet in there but since it was the end of their day, not much food selection available. Eventually shifted to Plaza Premium Lounge which was way too crowded as others have reported due to every airline and their brother using that lounge. A pity that TK doesn't contract with TG or SQ for extended hours at either lounge.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Does any of the lounges that are accesible on a TK ticket at KUL have showers ?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by geirfugl
Does any of the lounges that are accesible on a TK ticket at KUL have showers ?
Plaza lounge definitely has one - I know because when I was there in Feb. the toilets were broken and they had to convert a shower into a toilet.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
Plaza lounge definitely has one - I know because when I was there in Feb. the toilets were broken and they had to convert a shower into a toilet.
That sounds sort of,-well.interesting,I dont realy want to think abouth the technicallities involved in "converting a shower to a toilet",something are better left to themself Anyway,I looked up this lounge,and found that its not realy up to much,so,considering the climate and TK departure time will go for a extra hotel night. Thanks anyway:-:
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Don't leave KL until after 7pm - traffic out from the city is dreadful. We were granted 6pm check-out and waited at the hotel lounge. Get the hotel to book you a taxi and got the price confirmed so you don't get any nasty surprise.

Make sure you do online check-in before you go because our flight was overbooked (unfortunately we didn't get upgrade, maybe half of the pax are E+).
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Improved Lounge situation

I'm just sitting in the new (less than 2 months old) Plaza Premium First Class Lounge (2nd floor near Gate C21). I'll be flying on TK 60 to IST in J and am a *Gold/TK Elite Plus member. I don't know whether class of service, status or the combination of both made me eligible, but I got an invitation card at check in after a very brief discussion between the check-in agents whether it's first class or business class. The conclusion after 5 seconds was it was First.

The lounge is very nice. It's busy, but not overcrowded. I was welcomed with a hot towel once I was seated. They have table service for dinner, as well as for most drinks in the armchair area. The service is very attentive. Water, coffee, cheese and a cookies are also available for self service. There are also a few showers (which I have not tested).

Bottom line, I would rate the Plaza Premium First Class Lounge clearly over the SQ/TG lounges I had used on earlier trips. So if you get such an invitation, don't hesitate to go directly to this new lounge.^
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:35 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Writing this while 1.5hrs out of IST on TK60. Wifi works!

Agree with Swiss_global, lounge is very nice and food good too - though more oriented toward the JL clientele that departs around the same time. Hence the full lounge.

I believe it's the class of service that gives the access. I'm Elite and was directed here when I first walked into the "normal" Plaza Premium Lounge.

Another point: this is the first time in my TK J travels that the crew went around making everyone's beds!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.