Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Status/Bonus Miles Online

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:00 am
tcm
Original Poster

Buy Status/Bonus Miles Online

You can now buy status miles for extending your status or bonus miles for award redemption online. You'll see the option in your account menu.

Link to details for buying status miles:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/tr-tr...u-koruyun.aspx (Currently only in Turkish)

Link to details for buying bonus miles for award redemption:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/tr-tr...a-firsati.aspx (Currently only in Turkish)

Last edited by tcm; Apr 20, 2012 at 9:13 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:52 pm

10000 bonus miles for 250eur. That's not bad!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Finally!!!!
Good news from TK.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
Originally Posted by tcm
You can now buy status miles for extending your status or bonus miles for award redemption online. You'll see the option in your account menu.

Link to details for buying status miles:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/tr-tr...u-koruyun.aspx (Currently only in Turkish)

Link to details for buying bonus miles for award redemption:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/tr-tr...a-firsati.aspx (Currently only in Turkish)
Was happy to find this post when I logged onto Flyer Talk today. A little while later I logged onto my Miles and Smiles account and found Buy Miles as a new option on the side ( in English too).
Old Apr 23, 2012, 2:18 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
I got an email on this from Turkish. I wanted to confirm. I'm on classic plus. and 3256 miles short from elite.

Is this mean I can buy 4k miles (at 25euros for ever 1k) and make it to elite.

On the site the buy miles option only lets me by bonus miles, but not status miles.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:01 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by fadynaime
I got an email on this from Turkish. I wanted to confirm. I'm on classic plus. and 3256 miles short from elite.

Is this mean I can buy 4k miles (at 25euros for ever 1k) and make it to elite.

On the site the buy miles option only lets me by bonus miles, but not status miles.
Buying status miles is only for Elite and Elite+ card holders
Old Apr 24, 2012, 2:54 pm

Bummer that it's capped at 10K miles per year, but still better than before ^
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by G_G
Buying status miles is only for Elite and Elite+ card holders
I'm Elite and already requalified to extend my status. TK site says I cant buy miles to reach E+ quicker.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:14 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Frontliner
I'm Elite and already requalified to extend my status. TK site says I cant buy miles to reach E+ quicker.
From my understanding buying status miles is only to keep a status
Old Apr 25, 2012, 1:58 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
thank you or the reply, I just took a weekend flight from SNA-SFO and back. that was a total of 1k miles. so 2 more trips like that in the next 2 months and I'm set for elite.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
Originally Posted by G_G
This is my understanding too. Theoretically, it will save people a trip down to the local TK sales office. They can now do it online instead.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
For our fellow M&S members in MI, LA, and SEA areas

I thought this is a heck of a deal from UA if you're based in Southern Ontario, Michigan, Ohio, Washington, and SoCal.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...292usd-ow.html

If you're short of status miles a trip like this will save you some money along with racking up 8000+ bonus/status miles consider bonus mile is 3 cents USD and status mile is 7 cents USD at the moment. DTW-IAH-SEA is 8850, other routing through IAD and EWR will also yield over 8000 status/bonus miles.

Bonus miles alone are worth around $265.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Question about buying bonus (not status) miles. Both the rules and the actual tool say something like "you must have one registered flight in year one (either check-in or reservation)." I *think* what it's trying to say is that you must have one flight either flown in the last year or currently booked. Does anyone know how it works for sure? I don't meet either criteria so the tool doesn't allow me to buy miles, but I can book a flight if needed.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:34 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
Originally Posted by G_G
actually you can buy miles to improve your status as well, at least from elite to elite+.

last November my wife was elite and short 1200 miles to get elite+, so she bought the missing miles to get the upgraded status in 5 mins from the website. there is a specific section in the personal page after log-in.

it works pretty well.

the physical card is anyway delivered only after the first flight is taken as they don't send it automatically
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by italdesign
I *think* what it's trying to say is that you must have one flight either flown in the last year or currently booked.
My understanding is that the system only looks at past flight accrual to determine eligibility, not any future booked flights (which could be cancelled again etc.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.