Wiki Posts
Search

MAN-IST schedule change. Options?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 6:04 am
Original Poster

MAN-IST schedule change. Options?

Hi there,

I booked MAN-IST TK1994 1120-1725, but now it's not running on the Thursday i'm booked on it. They now only have the 1555-2205 TK1996 running on that day.

Problem is i had two PNRs. One to get me MAN-IST (and avoid UK APD) then 6 hours later on another PNR i was heading off to IST-HKG. If i get rebooked on TK1996 then there will be just shy of two hours to my HKG flight. Which i'm quite worried about, especially given they are seperate bookings.

My bookings are through BMI diamond club, using miles and cash.

I would love to change my MAN-IST to the day before , but there are no award seats available. Turkish say speak to BMI (unfortunately in some of the worst English i've ever heard, maybe i'm expecting too much.) BMI say there's nothing they can do, if there was availabillity they'd hapilly change me.

So who releases the seats for TK? I've sent three emails, and they've each come back with "ring the 0844 number." As i've said, when i do they are worse than useless. The thing is, every other day for months there are 7 Y seats available, and 4 C seats, for award, so i think it's just that TK have "forgot" to release them, for my day.

What would you do?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Id Cancel the MAN-IST Ticket And Look into booking a BA reward flight saver MAN-LHR-IST instead. Of course that all depends if you have any avios miles.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:22 am
Original Poster

BA don't have much to offer on my dates unfortunately.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try speaking to PTS at bmi rather than the indian call centre (do a search on the bmi forum if you do not know what PTS is).
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:57 pm
tcm

How about flying BHX-IST...
Old Feb 5, 2012, 1:23 am
Original Poster

BHX is a mare to get to, considering we'll be returning to MAN aswell. Thanks tho, i had thought about it, DUB too, we could get a dublin duo on the train.

PTS was my first port of call, but without the award seats being issued by TK, their hands are tied i guess. I did appeal to them to contact TK, but they flatly refused saying they wouldn't know where to start.

I'm going to change to two days before, however this is not ideal. Given we have a 12 month old with us we just really want to get to where we're going....

I'll then change again if the flight opens a day latter, hence one day before our onward.

What i could do with is an email of the department that releases the award seats. Does anyone know who and where this is, and indeed how to contact them? PM me if preffered.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:24 pm
soy

Programs: various
Doubt you will get much assistance. You have 2 seperate bookings so as far as the airlines are concerned, you are on your own regarding connections.

I think moving the flight to IST is your best bet, its a nice city to visit for a couple of days anyhow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.