Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 22, 12, 11:45 am   #1

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
TK M&S upgrade to business with miles, booking class?

If I upgrade a Y ticket to C using my miles on TK, what is the booking class of the ticket?
Do I get a award class (i.e. I get no miles at all), or do I get the miles as if flying coach (for which I paid cash), or the miles of C class?
Thanks for the answer.
Fr
Frontliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 12, 9:31 pm   #2
tcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
If I upgrade a Y ticket to C using my miles on TK, what is the booking class of the ticket?
Do I get a award class (i.e. I get no miles at all), or do I get the miles as if flying coach (for which I paid cash), or the miles of C class?
Thanks for the answer.
Fr
You will get credit according to your original booking class. In your case miles as if flying coach.
tcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 12, 10:01 am   #3

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
Thanks for the answer.
Fr
let me know if ur successful with ur upgrade. I couldn't upgrade from O (comfort class) to C. I was told that my booking class doesn't allow upgrade. it didn't make sense
fadynaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 12, 10:10 pm   #4

Programs: TK E+, DL, WY
Liars, even A is upgradable, see the simple chart

http://www.turkishairlines.com/da-DK...s/upgrade.aspx

Another question, for flight segment like JFK-IST, if I'm booked TK002 in Comfort Class and suppose I have miles to upgrade that day, is it possible to both upgrade and switch to flight TK004 or TK012 if those 2 flights have J seats available?
vincewy is offline   Reply With Quote