How to use my miles to book an award ticket?

Subscribe
Hi there,

I have approx 90,000 Tk miles sitting in my account which I would like to use to book an upgrade ticket on Air Newzealand flying from LHR to LAS. I would book in PE and then upgrade R/T. I wish to travel in the middle of Sept 2012.

My questions are:

Do I need to purchase the relevant fare on the air newzealand website and call them up and try to upgrade OR

Do I go throughout the Tk website. (The Tk website is so buggy and really difficult to use )

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sean
This is called a Staralliance Upgrade. You find the rules on http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...-upgrade-award . There's also a link which takes you to the actual upgrade page.

In case of NZ, you essentially need a confirmed and ticketed booking in the classes U, E, O, Y, B. The one way upgrade LHR-LAX will cost 40000 M&S miles and is subject to availability. So there's no guarantee that the upgrade will actually go through, not because of TK, but because NZ will restrict availability. I don't know about their availability on this route - certainly it depends on travel dates.
Thanks Swissglobal,

will give it try and see what I can find.

Sean