Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Best row (J class) on new 777-300ER and meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold

Any first hand experience on TK's 777-300ER?

Row 1 is already taken and we are thinking of Row 4. from the seat map, it looks like this is right next to the galley. Just wonder if it is going to be noisy. Or will there be a situation such that they serve food from the front and by the time they reach the back, some selection may have run out?

We normally fly SQ and we always get our first choice for meals. SQ also takes down meal selection prior to take off so it doesn't matter where one sits. Does TK do the same?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Similar topic discussed here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...7-lax-ist.html

Menu is handed out before meal service, only happened to me once 3 years ago to run out of my choice, as I was in row 4.

For best experience, I would choose rows 2 or 3, but there's nothing wrong with row 4, I found noise level lower than in row 1.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:39 am

Have you experienced that flight crew takes orders in according to the status of the passengers?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I have NEVER observed TK crew giving more attention to some pax, unless they are in Turkish nationals in seats 1A or 1B, case when most likely they are ministers or other government officials.

As *S or *G I never felt "pampered" with neither TK or LH.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 4:49 pm

Im asking this because lately i experienced that FA came to me in the very beginning of the meal service and asked what i would like to have from the menu and i was sitting in row 3 and there were plenty of passengers in rows 1 & 2 and she took the orders from them after getting my order first.

On the way back my first choice(sea bass) was run out so it evened out the scores..
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: LH/BA/DL
Don't know about the meal choices.

Regarding the seat rows, I did not feel any obvious differences between the rows. Mostly up to personal preference I would say.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
I flew IST-JFK on the 777-300 a couple of days ago in seat 3C (inside aisle on the left side).
A very light load with row 4 empty. I had all 3 seats of row 3 "center".

The chef took the meal orders, front to back, I did get my 1st selection.
One thing I noticed about most of the service was that they went front-to-back down the left aisle, then back-to-front up the right-hand aisle. This was true of the cart items, I don't remember if the chef followed this same pattern.

The seat rows are staggered, with the 4 "side" seats (2 on each side) beign a half row behind the 3 "center" seats for each row. So the row 4 "side" seats might be in a bit of a cubby hole and closer to the mid galley. I didn't have any noise in row 3, but I also had noise cancelling headphones on the whole flight. What was a problem, a couple of times during the night, the F/As started doing a lot of walking (stomping) up/down the aisles between the front and mid galleys. Not like roaming the cabin to check on passengers, but more like quick runs between the galleys ... back-n-forth. Very irritating. Other than that, a very nice flight with attentive service and good food.

Boarding in IST an absolute nightmare. The call for Business Class & G* involved every passenger getting up and jamming into 2 boarding lanes with no enforcement by gate personnel. And all security checks are done at the gate lounge. About 3 boarding pass/ID checks before security xrays, then another check in the boarding lanes and again in the jetway.

If arriving IST from another flight to connect to USA, then before going up the escalators to the departure floor, you must go thru a security check. These security checks are right across the hallway from the escalator at the central point (I arrived at the very end gate, and before getting to the center, there was an "international departures" escalator up, but I couldn't use it. Just a glass wall across from that escalator, so you'll know you haven't gone far enough yet, just keep walking).

The Business Class lounge was wonderful, you should definitely leave time in your schedule for a visit. If you have you Biz Class boarding pass, you don't have to stop at the Lounge Dragon's desk, the entry turnstiles have a boarding pass scanner to let you in.

Enjoy your flight !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.