Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Travelling with a toddler ln LAX-IST Comfort Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold

Hello All,

I have an upcoming trip to IST with my wife and 2 year old child. I am considering either taking LAX-LHR on NZ's Sky couch and then on to IST or fly direct on Comfort class from LAX-IST

Has anyone had experience travelling with a toddler in Comfort class? The seats look comfortable but not sure if a child can sleep on a semi-reclined seat. Our child is too old for a bassinet.

If anyone has travelled with children in the NZ Sky couch as well as TK's comfort class, would appreciate your comments.

Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
If the child requires a seat, then he will sleep very well, with 1 pillow/blanket under him, to give him more flat surface.
If the child does not require a seat but is close to 2yrs, it will not be great, but OK. He will have to sleep in his mother's arms, making it comfortable for him, but not easy for the mother. The seat is wide, but the armrest is not adjustable, so you are pretty much stuck in your seat.

I would just take the TK flight, as you avoid changing in LHR and an extra leg. The cabin will be dark 90% of the flight time, so this should keep him sleepy and less active. If you change in LHR, the second flight will give you an active 2yrs old baby on-board, and you will still be tired from the first flight
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:33 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
I've flown TK's CC with my 2 year old before and it was very comfortable.

I'm assuming you will have to buy him his own seat? Then you'll have a middle section row to yourself. If your son requires a flat surface to sleep on, ask for additional pillows from the FA and fill the middle seat with the pillows. Then your son can stretch across while he sleeps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.