IAD-IST business class seats?

Old Nov 7, 2011, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
IAD-IST business class seats?

I have searched but I couldn't find the answer.

What type of Business class seat does Turkish Airlines fly from IAD to IST:

Full Flat
Angled Flat
Cradle
American First class (i.e. junk)?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I see they use a rotation between A340 and A330. At best you will get the new full-flat seats, the other option is the older angle-flat seats. To my knowledge this is the only option TK has for C.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
I have searched but I couldn't find the answer.

Full Flat
Angled Flat
Cradle
American First class (i.e. junk)?
On long-haul flights, TK doesn't have craddle seats on any aircraft.

Here's a summary by long-haul aircraft:

A330-200 and A340-300: Angled flat

A330-300 and B777-300ER: Full flat
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:37 am

Programs: AA Gold
It depends on the aircraft. IAD-IST is a A330-200 or A330-300 these days.

The 300 is the newer aircraft with almost flat seats...but don't put anything in the side "pocket" area...there's a huge hole behind it and whatever you put there will end up under the seat and it'll take half the flight crew to rip up your seat to retrieve it...happened to my camera and my wallet. Also, found that on at least 3 of the 4 seats that I tried, the USB power didn't work. Seat massage feature also only worked on one of the four that I tried. Also, if you like having a window, stay away from 5A and 5K (those annoying window seats where there is no window!)

The A330-200 is a little older...with the sorta tacky tan/pink/mauve color scheme. Seats are older funky pink. Not as much seat pitch as the 300, by about 70% or so. If you're in the window seat, it'll be an uncomfortable crawl over your seatmate. I'm barely 5'10" and I kept sliding down the seat and hitting the bottom of the seat in front of me.

IST lounge is great! Though it's hard to find a nice quiet spot in there and can feel somewhat like a nightclub than an airport lounge.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wiley
IST lounge is great! Though it's hard to find a nice quiet spot in there and can feel somewhat like a nightclub than an airport lounge.
Thanks to everyone for their responses.

I have flown TK before (not on this route) and while it won't win any awards from a service perspective, it certainly was OK.

I have been in that lounge before and while I wouldn't put it in the great category, it is better than many I have been in, with a large food offering and ample drinks. It has always been overcrowded when I was there and finding a power point wasn't easy. One time, I unplugged a lamp (which wasn't being used) to get power.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

The lounge went through a major overhaul, it's a different lounge, maybe the best in *A network.

Wiley, I traveled 4 times now on the new C-seat and never had any issue with it. There are plenty of ample storage spaces in-sight, I never thought about side-pocket for storage. In terms of power, on some flights they only turned the in-seat power and USB after take-off, so this might have been the case on your flight.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: their are many of them
interesting good to know.......... Btw any news on whether we can possibly expect an Upguage to the 777 on the IAD route in the near future??
Old Nov 13, 2011, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CAlex
The lounge went through a major overhaul, it's a different lounge, maybe the best in *A network.

Wiley, I traveled 4 times now on the new C-seat and never had any issue with it. There are plenty of ample storage spaces in-sight, I never thought about side-pocket for storage. In terms of power, on some flights they only turned the in-seat power and USB after take-off, so this might have been the case on your flight.
My comment about the power was in the lounge, not on the plane.

I presume that you are not comparing the lounge to LH or TG F lounges, which I cannot see TK trying to compete with, but are thinking of business class lounges. I look forward to experiencing it - when was the overhaul made?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:02 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by CAlex
In terms of power, on some flights they only turned the in-seat power and USB after take-off, so this might have been the case on your flight.
Nah, I tried several times during the flights...and they were very loooong flights!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 1:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

My comment about the power was in the lounge, not on the plane.

I presume that you are not comparing the lounge to LH or TG F lounges, which I cannot see TK trying to compete with, but are thinking of business class lounges. I look forward to experiencing it - when was the overhaul made?
It opened 20-July, pictures and details here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...st-lounge.html

I do not know about LH FCT, but for me this is much better than any C Lounge visited, and better than the few F lounges visited (IST F Lounge, BKK F Lounge (not TG), HKG F Lounge). I know this is subject to perception and personal experience, but all-in-all this is an excellent place to spend 1-8 hours in.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: United, Starwood, Frontier, Delta, BA
IAD-IST business class seats

Wondering if there's any new updates on what type of A330 is flying this route now. Does the A330-200 still have only angled flat seats?
Have they made the move to all full flat seats on this long flight?

I was also wondering if anyone had experience using united mileage plus miles to book biz class on this route.

Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by devildoc99
Wondering if there's any new updates on what type of A330 is flying this route now. Does the A330-200 still have only angled flat seats?
Have they made the move to all full flat seats on this long flight?

I was also wondering if anyone had experience using united mileage plus miles to book biz class on this route.

Thanks
Scheduled: Daily 340 with old angled flat.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
I tried using UA MP miles to book C class upgrade IAD-IST this past week. Didn't end up doing it. Spoke with 3 TK reps. Two said C seats were available, one said they weren't, so I never was sure about availability. Second, you can't book it with TK. Need to buy a TK Y/B seat first, then go to UA to request the UG. Not worth the risk.

Did look at using just miles to buy the TK C seat on UA and CO websites. Never saw the TK flight available in C. Available in economy, though.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:32 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Can anyone refer to description/ pictures of new 77W business class seats (which are no longer those of 9W)?

Are these full flat?

EDIT:
Got some answers in this thread, but pictures would also be good.

And here with some native pictures from TK.

Indeed the personal space is almost like in F.

Last edited by Keter; Feb 12, 2012 at 12:47 am
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:52 am
tcm

Originally Posted by Keter
Can anyone refer to description/ pictures of new 77W business class seats (which are no longer those of 9W)?

Are these full flat?

EDIT:
Got some answers in this thread, but pictures would also be good.

And here with some native pictures from TK.

Indeed the personal space is almost like in F.
thy.com

See: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-tr...#BusinessClass

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.