IAD-IST business class seats?

Subscribe
After searching, found this thread even though it is not updated.

I can choose to fly TK IST-IAD or ORD. Which one has the newly flat bed seats? I am showing alternating mix of either A340 and A330-200/300 for these routes.
A330-300 are the newest fully flat bed.. A340/A330-200 are the old versions
I'm flying TK8 from IAD-IST in a few days. It looks like this alternates between the A330-200 and A330-300, with the A330-200 being more common. Any way to tell in advance which aircraft will be used for this flight?
Quote: I'm flying TK8 from IAD-IST in a few days. It looks like this alternates between the A330-200 and A330-300, with the A330-200 being more common. Any way to tell in advance which aircraft will be used for this flight?
TK is well-known for last-minute and not-so-last-minute aircraft swaps.
You just need to keep checking.
Quote: TK is well-known for last-minute and not-so-last-minute aircraft swaps.
You just need to keep checking.
That's what I figured. Thanks!
Flying TK8, IAD-IST, next May. What lounge does TK use at IAD?
Quote: Flying TK8, IAD-IST, next May. What lounge does TK use at IAD?
VS Club House.
Here are some pics from the Business Class cabin on the A340-300. Despite the age, those planes are kept in rather good condition. And while the seats were of the angle-flat, I did find them quite comfy. In bed mode just put a pillow and some blankets on the footrest to give some extra support. Was able to sleep for almost 7 hours in those seats.

considering flight 7 IST to IAD currently listing a A340-300. will this have full flat and wifi?
thanks for any info.
Quote: considering flight 7 IST to IAD currently listing a A340-300. will this have full flat and wifi?
thanks for any info.
Check my above post, and you'll have the answer.

A340 does not have wifi, and the seats are angle-flat.
I leave in a week and it is showing as an A330-300 on United right now...could change. I will just be happy to see an Aircraft at the gate )
Just flew IAD-IST got an A330-300. Lie flats...no internet or live tv.
It seems the internet service has a higher probability on the 777-300 ER. I flew from JFK on the A330-300 with lie flats but didn't have wifi as well.
Quote: Just flew IAD-IST got an A330-300. Lie flats...no internet or live tv.
Same for me.... A333, lie flat, no internet or live tv.
What is the service like on TK8 in C? Full meal right after departure?

Asking because of the departure being close to midnight. Does TK offer a meal in the VS Club House prior to the flight, like LH does for its F passengers on their 10pm IAD-MUC flight?