Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [prior to 2015 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cheesedawg
Lounge Location
IST International Terminal. Near Gate 220

Getting In

Opening Hours: 24 hrs per day

Entrances: 2 entrances - one from the main terminal, another from the far-left side of the check-in area of the airport with separate passport control. Automated gates. You need a boarding pass with your status on it.

Bag Storage: There are lockers right next to the main entrance. Lockers are emptied at night.

Eligibility:
Business Class travelers on international flights operated by Turkish Airlines,
Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus members (they may invite their families or one guest),
Star Alliance Gold members (they may invite one guest),
First and Business Class travelers on flights operated by Star Alliance member airlines.

Multiple Entries:
If you're connecting and want to visit Istanbul, you can enter the lounge with your connecting BP, enjoy the lounge then go back to Immigration, enter Turkey, and come back to the lounge after your visit.

Facilities

Working
Free Wi-Fi (get the codes next to the computer desk or also throughout the lounge)
Showers
Printers and computers

Eating
Extensive Food and Drink Areas

Relaxing
Relaxation Rooms (see below)
Ironing service
Newspapers and Library
Media wall
Pool Table
Self-playing piano

Sleeping in the Lounge

There are 5-7 relaxation rooms.
Eligibility:
4-7 hour layover for TK Business and Elite Plus customers.
You can only use them only if you are connecting to/from a longhaul Turkish Airlines flight (8+ hours) AND your layover is between 4 and 7 hours.
Couches throughout the lounge - anyone confirm?

You may be eligible for a free hotel outside the airport.
Print Wikipost

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [prior to 2015 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:00 am

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by fadynaime
not even with priority pass.
At Istanbul International Terminal access with Priority Pass is granted at Prime Class Lounge and HSBC Bank Lounge which are located all away to your right after passport control and upstairs by using the escalators above the food court area.
Indeed nothing compared to this new TK Lounge...
Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:03 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
In comparison to the 'dim hole' that was the old CIP lounge this looks excellent. I agree that the test will come during rush hours like early morning and the barrage of late night long-haul departures. Last time the sheer mass of people on TK flights to the Central Asian Republics was a huge turnoff. I hope TK staff will manage to maintain the lounge well and not let it deteriorate quickly.

I will be there late Aug when flying IST-SIN in C so am looking forward to the new loungs and more Do&Co food even on the ground now.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 5:11 am

Thanks tcm for the pictures and all of you guys for the infos and reviews.
Looking forward to a nice glass of Single Malt
Old Jul 22, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by Travelite
TK Lounges are Star Alliance Lounges therefore if you are a Star Alliance Gold Member you can gain access to the lounge as long as you are traveling on a *A Carrier that day regardless class of service. Enjoy IST Lounge than
Awesome! So looking forward to it.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 7:56 am
tcm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moeser
Thanks tcm for the pictures and all of you guys for the infos and reviews.
Looking forward to a nice glass of Single Malt
You are welcome, although I now I should have taken more pics, I was afraid I would look like a nerd taking too many pics

BTW, I told one senior Do&Co staff that was present that they should prioritize Elite Plus members for the relaxation rooms when there is high demand. I feel that this is the least that they could do for us. Especially now that the new lounge passport fast track arrangement is in place.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:50 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
I have to ask.

This lounge can only be accessed from the international departure floor. correct?? why is there passport control, since by that point you would have gone through all the security checks. or is there access to the lounge from international arrivals floor (avoiding the passport control) into the departure hall.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, as has been explained it is also accessible through a dedicated passport check from the Ground side terminal. FYI, in IST you go through security at the front door of the airport and at the gate, not in between.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:15 am
fadynaime

Originally Posted by hfly
No, as has been explained it is also accessible through a dedicated passport check from the Ground side terminal. FYI, in IST you go through security at the front door of the airport and at the gate, not in between.
hfly, i saw that but still couldn't figure it out. help me out please.

I just landed on an international flight from LAX. I make my way to security before entering international departure hall, I go up the escalator and then go all the way to the end to access the lounge (across from the coffee shop). then I exit the lounge to head to my departure gate to for the BEY flight.

i guess the passport check doesn't affect me or benefit me, correct.

thanks in advance.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by tcm
I was afraid I would look like a nerd taking too many pics

Not from my point of view.Pics are showing us the things to look forward to or avoid if possible ^

BTW, I told one senior Do&Co staff that was present that they should prioritize Elite Plus members for the relaxation rooms when there is high demand. I feel that this is the least that they could do for us. Especially now that the new lounge passport fast track arrangement is in place.
I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed that there is no separate E+
section.I like the Pool Table but second joorinainen and hyfly it's a waste of space. Would have preferred more relax rooms.
I dread that they are absolutely insufficient considering the lounge size.

Yes.Referring to other Lounges I'm probably complaining on an upper level.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it has nothing whatsoever to do with you if you are transferring, it is for IST originating pax.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by moeser
I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed that there is no separate E+
section.I like the Pool Table but second joorinainen and hyfly it's a waste of space. Would have preferred more relax rooms.
I dread that they are absolutely insufficient considering the lounge size.

Yes.Referring to other Lounges I'm probably complaining on an upper level.
that pool table probably will disappear as soon as they realize it just a waste of space...the place needs place to seat, to eat, to relax ...the idea of a pool game is quite useless ...they just copied the concept from the Zone Lounge downstairs used by Garanti Bank...copy cat
Old Jul 23, 2011, 1:06 pm
fadynaime

Originally Posted by hfly
Yes, it has nothing whatsoever to do with you if you are transferring, it is for IST originating pax.
cool thanks hfly. i just wanted to make sure.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:26 am
tcm
Original Poster

I don't know how many extra seats can be gained by removing the pool table but the space for the projection room (cinema) might have been utilized for extra relaxation rooms (+2 maybe). With the current setup they should have a DVD library or some similar arrangement to serve the intended purpose.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:30 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Personally I like the pool table. Not all of us who go through IST are on longhauls

UTA
Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:09 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
At last!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.