Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK Domestic CIP Lounges [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:07 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
He/she's flying in coach, I don't think that allows lounge access.
Yes because Duffman doesn't have *G yet.

Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto

I've used the ADB lounge as a Star Alliance Gold flying on a TK domestic flight in coach.
I corrected the statement earlier. I believe there's one exception, CIP Lounge at SAW which is not open to other *G and that's why it's not listed in thy.com, can anyone elaborate?

http://www.sabihagokcen.aero/yolcu-v...thy-cip-salonu

When traveling with AJA, it says M&S members (C+,E,E+) need to pay 25 UKP, but during booking, it says it's free of charge, which is correct?

edit: I guess I'll answer this myself. With AJA, no lounge access for any status but one can pay to get in.

Last edited by vincewy; Sep 20, 2013 at 7:55 am
Old Jun 5, 2013, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
I believe all domestic CIP lounges have the same policy. Originally I thought the lounges are only open to M&S and Business Class but it looks like any *G may use it when flying with TK metal (*A metal).

If you're flying with Anadolujet, based on the verbiage, is when the lounges are accessible to M&S (C+,E,E+) only, no access for *G.

AJA, OTOH, offers anyone to access the lounge for 50TL at booking. It states that C+, E, and E may use it at no charge. It seems like there's also one at SAW (you can add lounge access during booking with flights from SAW)

It still has according to website

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us..._domestic.aspx
Indeed, I was there only 7 weeks ago.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 6:10 am
Used to be mmsteidl

Programs: AA PLAT for life, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat Ambassador
Would anyone like to update which airports have domestic CIP lounges? I don't think thy.com has up-to-date list, the domestic CIP lounges are for M&S C+, E, and E+ members, and Star Alliance Gold. At IST, what additional food items are available for E+ and business class passengers in their dedicated section?

IST
ESB
ADA
AYT
ADB
BJV
DLM
GZP
TZX

Any other airports planned?

Edit: Slight correction for the list above, and isn't there one at SAW too? Maybe it's a contract lounge.
I was in a small lounge in GZT (Gaziantep) recently on a domestic TK flight to IST. Got in with my LH SEN card and was able to bring a guest. Nothing to write home about, though.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Pfaelzer
I was in a small lounge in GZT (Gaziantep) recently on a domestic TK flight to IST. Got in with my LH SEN card and was able to bring a guest. Nothing to write home about, though.
Is it still better than United Club in US? Looks like they all have showers and food (although they're mostly pastries).
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:44 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I believe all domestic CIP lounges have the same policy. Originally I thought the lounges are only open to M&S and Business Class but it looks like any *G may use it when flying with TK metal (*A metal).

If you're flying with Anadolujet, based on the verbiage, is when the lounges are accessible to M&S (C+,E,E+) only, no access for *G.
]
Do you have experience with Anadolujet lounges then? I was denied entry with my TK*G card at ESB a couple of months ago. Looked overcrowded anyway, but I have this unfortunate sense that Turkish airports are going the way of Chinese airports- modern, but dull as chips, and often lacking ample seating.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Do you have experience with Anadolujet lounges then? I was denied entry with my TK*G card at ESB a couple of months ago. Looked overcrowded anyway, but I have this unfortunate sense that Turkish airports are going the way of Chinese airports- modern, but dull as chips, and often lacking ample seating.
No, not yet but will this fall under TK flights.

I'm not aware there's a different CIP lounge for AnadoluJet except SAW. Anyway, it's not a big deal without access as I self deny as soon as it gets too crowded and/or noisy (happens a lot lately at United Club).
Old Aug 17, 2013, 4:05 pm

Correct my if I'm wrong but doesn't the location of ESB CIP Lounge in the international departure area make it totally useless for all TK C+ ?

TK says that C+ can make use of ESB CIP lounge on domestic flights... How ? Entering Intl Departure without a boarding pass ???
Old Sep 20, 2013, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
As it turns out there's no access to CIP lougnes flying AJA uness you pay a fee. Not worth it at all to me.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by tcm
The domestic CIP facility has two lounges. When facing the reception one on the right end and one on the left end. The one on the left end is for J and Elite Plus. This one has better catering similar to the international lounge. Nicer seats as well. Also airport white collar staff will come here for coffee

The one on the right end is for TK Silver and *G flying TK. This one is bigger and has more seats.
In the lounge right now. I have not yet received my E+ card and they were unable to recognize my E+ through the system? I didn`t give a fuzz this time.

I wish I had skipped the lounge this time altogether, food was OK, just light snacks, actually wanted to see the common area (shops and food stands) and surprised to fınd out they`d bus us to the aircraft.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
IST CIP INTL Lounge

Flying into IST then making a domestic connection on TK. Am I able to use the intl CIP lounge or am I stuck with the lounge in the domestic terminal?

Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...er-thread.html
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Domestic terminal. Odds of getting through the security/transit re-check are very, very low.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Adressing a couple of points from this forum. I was in ESB in July 13 on domestic TK from IST connecting to MLX. *G got me into the CIP lounge no problem. It was very nice and clean. No alcohol. Found it strange that you had to leave the main building and wwalk around the sidewalk to enter the lounge. Or maybe I just missed the signs. I saw posts about the IST domestic CIP lounge having no alcohol. The *A website shows that they serve alcohol. Wonder if its like the *A lounge in DOH, you have to ask for alcohol, they do not display or have a bar.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 2:59 pm

Hi, I'm flying C to DLM thru IST and have a 5-hour layover. It looks like the Arrivals lounge will be closed and we can't access the bigger Departure lounge. Is the Domestic lounge our best option; does it offer decent shower service similar to the other lounges?

Thx!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Currently sitting in the J section of the Domestic CIP lounge. I think this one is the more comfortable - left as you look at reception. Staff are quite good at tidying and restocking. Limited food - salad and warm cheese pastry - İ do not know the name but it is nıce and soup. Reasonable range of soft drinks and good coffee.

Am charging my phone in a secure box, which is handy.

If you are walking from the Internatıonal terminal, as we were, it is about half way on the journey to the check in desks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.